Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Integy Doube Heat Sink Fan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Kalani938

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy Doube Heat Sink Fan?

Guys, while at my LHS today the owner was trying to sell me the Integy heatsink fan with doulbe fans for my Slash 4x4. I already have the ESC fan made by Traxxas installed in my Slash and want a motor fan, but I was just wondering if a dual fan would be overkill? Should I just go with the single heatsink fan? Also, would 3 fans in my Slash drain a noticable amount of power from my battery? Thanks for any info in advance!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Integy Doube Heat Sink Fan?

I don't think you need more than the Traxxas supplied fan. If you do really want a motor fan then one will do.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 AM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

yes all ya need is one fan, jusy more to break otherwise and really all you need is good airflow under the body and a heatsink with the proper gearing
Old 04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its just one more fan to mess up with dirt and rocks. I am a firm believer that fans do nothing. There is enough airflow under the body to run a with just a heat sink.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Actually I run an Integy single fan heatsink/clamp on my Feigao 9L motor in my Slash. At the 5-6v from my RX voltage, the fan noticeably reduced the motor's average temperature from 150-160*F to <130* tops. That little sucker sure moves some air. But yes it's just asking to fall off or break IF I jump badly etc.