Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 58cc

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:52 PM
EZer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 58cc

The electronic ignition went bad in this engine and they said its on back order until Oct.
For $250.00 you think they would have 200 millon of them in stock and have over night shipping, free.
Whats going on with all this back order stuff. They tell me because of China, but this motor is made in Japan.
Rod
Old 08-10-2008, 06:10 PM
AirWizard
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Evolution 58cc

maybe CH has an ignition that would fit?

http://www.ch-ignitions.com/
Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 PM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Please post back and let us know how CH proposes to fix you up.
The RCEXL igntion would be excellent, but the prop hub magnets would need to be reworked.
Attraction for me would be losing the 7.2v supply requirement, and ditching the 6oz NiMH battery I have feeding the stock module.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:28 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: EZer

The electronic ignition went bad in this engine and they said its on back order until Oct.
For $250.00 you think they would have 200 millon of them in stock and have over night shipping, free.
Whats going on with all this back order stuff. They tell me because of China, but this motor is made in Japan.
Rod
This motor is made in the Czech Republic by MVVS on behalf of Horizon Hobbies as the Evolution, Pe Reivers @ mvvs.nl has them in stock and so do Puffin models in the UK, hope that helps as you may be looking in the wrong place's.

Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 AM
EZer

I'll give them a try.
Thanks Mike.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:22 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: EZer

Rod
I just received a few ignitions, as well as some Vlach conversion sets, from MVVS. No back order issue there.
China has nothing to do with it, and Japan? Engines and ignitions are made in Europe (Czech republic).
Old 08-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Kema

So are people changing back to Vlach from ICU ignition in MVVS 58? I am looking for a 50cc sized engine and MVVS 58 prosport is one good option since I have been trouble free with 26. DL-50 has nice price, but quality costs
Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, Vlach is out of production. Conversion sets are made available to service Vlach equipped engines, and upgrade them to ICU.