Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

From off road to on-road.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
JM93LiftedYJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From off road to on-road.

So I've got the Stampede pretty much where I want it. Now, I am looking at perhaps getting an on-road car. Few questions though. I'm pretty certain on getting an HPISprint 2. Though, an F1 car or one of these interest me as well:

Any suggestions on one of these F1 cars or something like the above picture? I'm shooting for a $200 range; hence why I'm pretty sold on the drift 2.

As for racing, I just plan on farting around in a parking lot for now. But I would eventually look for a local track and get into racing more competitively. Now, I've been out of the hobby for 8 or so years. I'm running brushed motors and 3000 MAH NiMH batteries; I simply cannot afford to go with Lipos and brushless systems (mortage payments, blah). How competitive will I be? Is it the norm for everyone to be running Lipos and brushless? I don't want to get to a race and be the odd man out with outdated running gear.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: From off road to on-road.

The sprint 2 probably wont be super competitive.. I dont see a reason why you cant though.. Chances are you are going to have to ditch the stock electronics.. The major thing about on-road is people arent joking when they say you need to run on a prepped surface. The roads around here are horrid and my onroad has been thrashed pretty well.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
JM93LiftedYJ

So to be competitive at a track-like scenario, the stock electrics won't be to par? I've actually looked at the TC4 since its RTR. I mean, if I'm going to have to go brushless, LiPo's, and all this other stuff I guess I'll just stick with the 'Pede. I'm enjoying the NiMH and brushed motors for now since its relatively "cheap".
Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 AM
ThEoNeS911

Just to let you know, F1 cars have to be driven on very smooth and grippy surfaces. If it isn't flat enough, or is too slippery, you won't be able to do anything with it.