Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA-35vaporware?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM
stevehookem
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA-35vaporware?

I've seen posts about a DA 35 since last summer. In one forum, the thread stops in May 2012 and picks up again almost to the day a year later! I called DA and they said "3-4 weeks" and took my name and number.

Will it actually happen this time? I've got a plane ready to fly that I was planning to fly with the OS GT33. Much rather have the DA35! It cuts a month out of flying but I'll wait if it's actually coming out.

Thoughts?<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-01-2013, 05:39 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DA-35vaporware?

I have several OS GT33's. I have no plans to get a DA35 IF it ever comes out...

The 33 has all the output you could possibly want out of 30cc-40cc class engine. I have tested several others in the 30cc class and nothing will touch it......Tower's super saver buys the engine for 350 in most cases so pricewise, it's hard to beat too. Tthe early engine I purchased was purchased at the full Tower price and to me, it's still a bargain; it's been that good for me. As always, YMMV.............
Old 06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
stevehookem
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA-35vaporware?

Do you know the H/L settings you are using on the GT 33? I find their manual a little confusing. Also, what oil and ratio do you run? The manual says 50:1 in one place and then recommends 25:1 during break in. I've never seen that before. My DA engines don't require any additional break-in and they say to bolt and fly. And they just do-even when set from the factory a little rich. I just don't have to mess with them all the time and I know they won't die on me. The GT 33's I've seen need constant tweaking. Thoughts?<div>
</div>