Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

newbie, needs help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:48 PM
inferno272

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie, needs help

hey guys, first and foremost thanks for providing so much information, but i really didnt even know what to search for, i know people hate answering questions that have been asked a zillion times, and i apologize if this is aggravating, but i couldnt find what i needed elsewhere.

i just bought an rc10t4 RTR, i know NOTHING about rcc, just that they are cool as hell!

anyways, my brother was trying it out and slammed it into the sidewalk, anyways, now the car wont reverse, and when you release the trigger, rather than the car slowing down, it brakes, how do i fix this?

thanks guys!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:55 PM
redheat8

Default RE: newbie, needs help

Does it have Runner ESC? RED
Old 08-27-2004, 06:59 PM
redheat8

Well if it is you just might have to reset it, RED
Old 08-27-2004, 07:02 PM
inferno272

uhh, how would i know if it does, and how do i reset it?
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
inferno272

yes it has a green thing that says runner on the inside..what does that thing do? and why would resetting it help?

i only ask so i can learn how these things work
Old 08-27-2004, 08:11 PM
inferno272

also, i dont know if this is normal or not, but if i turn one of the rear wheels one way, it turns the opposite rear wheel in the opposite direction, what the hell is that all about?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:16 PM
badtodabone

it is a esc(electronic speed control) resetting it will give you reverse again
Old 08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
inferno272

can you please tell me how to reset it? ive looked on the net, and ive looked at the instruction manual, i dont see a reset guide, and i dont see a reset button.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
inferno272

actually, i think i finally figured it out, durr, sorry about all this guys, please bare with my newbiness, remember, everyone has to start somewhere
Old 08-27-2004, 08:38 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: inferno272

also, i dont know if this is normal or not, but if i turn one of the rear wheels one way, it turns the opposite rear wheel in the opposite direction, what the hell is that all about?
That is normal. Its because the car has a differential in the gearbox. The reason for this is so when you are going around a corner the outside wheel can spin faster than the inside wheel.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
inferno272

ok, i hit the setup button for 2 seconds, held it neutral, hit fullthrottle, full reverse, neutral, then hit setup again, its still doing the same thing...also, ive noticed the motor is not making a wizzing noise when you try to put it in forward, which it seems to overcome if you give it more throttle (the car doesnt move forward with just a slight touch anymore) also it does move backwards, very very slowly, and the wizzing noize is still prevelant...what the heck is going on?
Old 08-28-2004, 08:53 AM
inferno272

anyone?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:33 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Well first off if i understood correctly it sounded like you said the truck doesn't roll as easily as it used to. That sounds like something could be binding but there isn't much i can tell you about that other than you have to start looking at everything and see what is binding.

You have to start looking at the simple things first and go from there. First make sure the battery is charged in both the transmitter and the car. Then try resetting the esc. If you can't figure out how to reset it call the manufacturer up to find out how to do so. You won't find instructions on how to do that in the instruction manual that comes with the truck because the esc is a seperate part that doesn't come with the kit. You need to either find somebody who owns one to help you out or like i said contact the esc manufacturer.
If resetting the esc doesn't help, then you have to go from there. I'd take the motor out and keep it hooked up to the esc to see if the motor turns when i give it throttle, then see if the gears, etc are binding.
BUT if you are not mechanically inclined at all and if this seems to daunting for you then all i can suggest is bringing it to your local hobby shop. Personally pulling stuff apart on the r/c is half the fun but if you aren't into it thats up to you.
I don't know how you adjust one of those speed controls so i can't help you out there.

Mike
Old 08-28-2004, 02:55 PM
inferno272

i should probably just get the warranty to fix it aye?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:04 PM
redheat8

Any luck yet , RED
Old 08-31-2004, 08:15 PM
inferno272

im talking with team associated tech support right now....

id rather not take this thing apart if i can avoid it.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Goku
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: inferno272

im talking with team associated tech support right now....

id rather not take this thing apart if i can avoid it.
I must admit, taking it apart the first time can be a bit nerve-racking, but it is the best way to learn about your car....
The harder you play with it, the more things will break (eventually) and for many of us RC-ers ...taking it apart and fixing it is one of the funnest things!
Learning more about it will help develop some pride in its ownership... you'll love being able to troubeshoot and fix your cars as you gain more experience.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:15 AM
redheat8

right on the first time is the ****z when you have to fix something on your own but once you get pass that first hurdle it's smooth sailing, Youll get it all worked out , I'm thinking that something is either rubbing or the ESC is gone I had 3 of those runners and they didnt last , replaced all 3 with Novak GT7's best money I ever spent on electric , RED
Old 09-01-2004, 11:57 AM
rc car CRAZY

take it into a model shop and see what they do to it so you know if it happens again how to fix it and there are no worries that the shop will break it.

Ben