Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

I found a great glue!

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

I found a great glue!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 07:11 PM
NJ Georgee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found a great glue!

Its called "Weld It "made by Devcon,I picked it up at an auto parts store here in NJ and its great for hinges and building.It gives you 5 mins; to work with it.For park flyer hinges it seems to be perfect.Mixing epoxy aint my bag so I tried it.It has a nice tube too with a long nose for thoses hard to reach spots.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:46 PM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I found a great glue!

Devcon makes some of the finest glue products I have ever used. Thats the only brand I prefer to buy.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:31 AM
J_R

Here is an interesting site about glues. Although not specific to modeling, it provides some thoughts about gluing different materials to each other.

http://thistothat.com/
Old 04-19-2004, 05:09 PM
NJ Georgee
My Feedback: (3)

I guess I spoke to soon..lol It doesnt hold the hinge to good,I guess I need to mix epoxy next time.Its holding some what so im going to leave it.I realize now to since I used pin hinges I could use a hot knife to melt the ends and keep them from pulling out.
But ofcourse I cut the tips off for appearence...lol
Oh well that glue is good though for outher things like building.I check your site thats a good thing so I put it in my favorites.Thanks