Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Citabria Electrical System

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Citabria Electrical System

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:46 PM
ASK-18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citabria Electrical System

I've been flying for roughly 10 years or so and so far, I've never really had that "sweet" airplane. In no small part, this has been because the airplanes I've built and flown have been nice enough but they all had their little sloppy points etc. I am currently planning on building a Midwest Citabria and want this to be the one. I intend to cover it with real fabric and paint (I do this on full size gliders), the whole works. So here are my questions.

1. I am planning on digital servos. Midwest recomends 41 torque servos. Should I get digi servos that are highspeed and lower torque or should I up the torque and the speed?

2. Because of the digital servos I am planning on using a 6.0v battery with a high MaH. Can anyone recommend a good battery to use (manufacturer and type or model)?

3. What prop would be most effective for a Saito .91? I would like to use something that looked nice in terms of scale. I am afraid everyone will recomend an APC prop but I just don't think they look very good. Alternatives? Three blade?

4. Can I trust pushrods from the radio compartment back to the elevator/rudder not to flex if I use a Dubro fiberglass shaft?

Thanks for all your help guys! This is gonna be a good one...
Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Den B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Citabria Electrical System

Hi I have got to have well over 100 flights on mine and it is the most sturtdy plane I have.

#1 you don't really need digitals the plane is not a real hot rod with fast roll speed so you don't need speed
I have standard Hitech BB in the wings 425's and 625 's for the tail sufaces
Go digital if you feel the need or just want them.

#2 I have converted to Maxx products batts they have Nmhi flight batts up to 2700 mha 4.8v that is

#3 hands down 14/6 I use wood zinger or nylon Master air screw but if you want the best for the 14/6
sorry the apc wins

# 4 I used a CF rod or "arrrow shaft" material to make mine just because I didn't like the kit setup
The "Y" for the elevator was a pain to get right but has not needed adjustment since new.

Fabric will be nice I used 21st Century Fabric and it holds up very well.

If I had to do it again I would
Add flaps the plane can be a real floater when it gets in ground effect.
Put a little taller gear.

enjoy it 's great flyin plane

Den