Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

12 photos upload at a time now. please lmk if any bugs jet jocks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

12 photos upload at a time now. please lmk if any bugs jet jocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:41 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12 photos upload at a time now. please lmk if any bugs jet jocks

Ok...we just modified some code to allow up to 12 images to be attached to any post. So instead of posting just 4 or 5 like before you can do 12 in one shot for those event type threads. Should expedite posting of photos here.

If you see any bugs or problems PM or email please.

Also you should resize your images to about 800 pixels wide and save as medium to high jpg before uploading. If you try and upload huge 1MB to 3MB files directly from your camera we will resize them automatically but the connection may timeout if you are uploading many files (i.e. 10 images at 3MB each is 30MB). If you have lots of images use photoshop or some other image application (www.irfanview.com is free if you don't have photoshop or try www.picasa.com) to resize to 800 pixels wide before uploading. Typically a photo will be around 25k to 125k with 50k around average once resides so ten 50k photos only 500k and should upload fine for broadband users.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: 12 photos upload at a time now. please lmk if any bugs jet jocks

Only problem I've had so far, is that on several occasions instead of the window showing that the files have been uploaded ok, I got a message stating that the page could not be displayed.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Any thoughts on direct video uploads with a size limit? Say 5MB?

Dave Rigotti
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM
mvigod
Banned

gordon - page not displayed sounds like possible timeout error. how large were the files being uploaded, how many also and what is your approx connection speed. also is this happening 50% of the time or less?

rcguy! - we are looking at possible video upload options in our next major upgrade. before that we may do something in our video gallery here to allow this as well. various options are on the table.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

gordon - page not displayed sounds like possible timeout error. how large were the files being uploaded, how many also and what is your approx connection speed. also is this happening 50% of the time or less
So far, I've only had it happen that one day, about 60% of the time ; the error message came up almost immediately after I pressed the button to upload the pics, which made a timeout seem unlikely. I experimented with differeing image sizes, all the way down to a single image of about 40k, and still got the same result. Speed - varies widely, from about 150 to 500 KB / sec.

It hasn't happened again, so there's no point in you wastig any time on tracking this one down just now (unless you're bored !)

Thanks,
Gordon

Old 06-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this has anything to do with the enormous picture size on the Bay of Quinte thread. But it appears some pictures there are huge. Maybe they are a link to pictures posted on another site.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:38 AM
mvigod
Banned

you can right click on the image and check its properties to see if it is hosted somewhere else besides RCU. if so the images can be any size. otherwise we did have a problem with some images not thumbnailing correctly which requried a reboot to fix the other day.