Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 14 Transmitter?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 14 Transmitter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 04:54 PM
RENO
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14 Transmitter?

Is it possible in the hands of a pilot who has little or no experience with this new transmitter to sweep frequencies with antenna off and shoot down an airborne plane? Does the transmitter allow an operator to change frequencies without transmitting a signal?

Skeet
Old 06-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14 Transmitter?

Hi Reno

When you first power up the system it asks you if you want to transmit or not. I don't believe there is any way to "sweep" a broad range of channels. It would have to be done one at a time.

Red
Old 06-18-2005, 06:59 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Transmitter asks you if you want to transmit or not. The current requency is clearly shown in the display. If you want to do a "sweep" of different frequencies, you have to dial in each new frequency and then hit OK to transmit. It is not possible to just dial from one frequency to another. Each time you make a change, the radio needs confirmation that you want to transmit on that frequency.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:03 PM
RENO
My Feedback: (17)

Thanks John and Red!

Skeet
Old 06-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: RENO

Is it possible in the hands of a pilot who has little or no experience with this new transmitter to sweep frequencies with antenna off and shoot down an airborne plane? Does the transmitter allow an operator to change frequencies without transmitting a signal?

Skeet
Hi Skeet,
All of the above are true..... one channel at a time... no sweeping of channels....operator controls when he wants to transmit... every time the transmitter is turned ON. To switch channels it is required to shut down and reboot!

Also with the antenna removed even if it were tuned to a a channel / frequency in use...shutdown & rebooted, and allowed to transmit there would be no interference noticed by the in flight pilot. Especially if the proximity of the no antenna interfering transmitter is farther away from the in-flight aircraft than the controlling transmitter with it's antenna fully extended. The output level of the 14MZ, JR10X with their antenna's removed is very low.... that is...unless you touch the output socket with a finger.

A few of us have actually tried shooting each other down....well not really shooting down, but trying to lock out the other for a moment... just long enough to know for sure interference is present. With a few exceptions generally the closer more powerful proximity transmitter prevails. But RF links are strange, and at times not as predictable and clear cut as we would all like them to be... but for the most part output level prevails.

I have noted some irregularities / slight inconsistencies when shooting at other brands of radios and via-versa. Mind you I don't make a practice of doing this sort of thing, and what little I have done always has been in a controlled test environment with all parties in agreement.

NOTE: The aircraft type and flying site selection also lend themselves to this type of testing just to keep everything harmless!
Lee H. DeMary
AMA 36099