Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Awesome Pit Table Design - Plans and Instructions

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Awesome Pit Table Design - Plans and Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:34 PM
NeST-RC Pres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome Pit Table Design - Plans and Instructions

I designed the pit table shown below. We've built 6 of them and use them at our field. The members LOVEthem. Here are the perks:
<ul>[*]Can be built for about $50 using stuff from the local big-box hardware/lumber store[*]Only requires a tape measure, a circular saw and a screw gun to build[*]Very sturdy[*]Replaceable "feet"[*]Very little scrap[*]Great access to your plane from the front and from behind the wing[*]Shelf below for your flight box[*]Adjustable tail/wing stops[/list]After building the last set of four tables for our field, I spent several hours and "CAD-ized" the plans and instructions. The booklet is 9 pages long and is loaded with images similar in quality to the one below. They include a materials list, step-by-step instructions on how to cut the boards to minimize scrap, detailed assembly drawings and instructions. Here is the link to the plans. If you use them and find that they are useful, please consider donating.

Thanks for looking!!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 PM
NeST-RC Pres

Default RE: Awesome Pit Table Design - Plans and Instructions

Some "real" photos of the tables...

Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have 5 similar at my club. And I have one a home as well. The one at home is so old the treated wood is starting to rot. It can be seen here,  </p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiU0-nEW_jc</p>
Old 07-17-2013, 08:38 AM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I like your design, it gives the pilot the option of where to hold his model, ie front wings or tail feathers. Tables look neat too...Gene
Old 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
NeST-RC Pres

Thanks, Gene.  We built 2 of the tables mid last season.  They were such a hit that we built 4 more this season.  3 of us marked, cut and assembled all 4 tables in about 3-1/2 hours.