Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Advice needed Gas or Electric for beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Advice needed Gas or Electric for beginner

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 04:53 PM
TCMACK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed Gas or Electric for beginner

Guys,

I'm wanting to get an off-road truck or car and would like to know if I should go gas or electric. I've been to several local hobby shops and one would recommend electric and the next gas. I've been looking over the internet for several days and starting to get confused on which way to go. I would appreciate any advice anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Chuck M.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Advice needed Gas or Electric for beginner

Both have their advantages and disadvantages, which may be the reason you are getting conflicting opinions. One of the RC magazines also reviewed a couple of monster trucks by the same manufacturer--the electric was quicker out of the hole, but the nitro had a slightly higher top end. After all the hee-ha, the magazine review suggested both. If you purchase one of each, you can run the nitro during the day and run the electric at night without bothering your neighbors.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:17 PM
lynx the great
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Advice needed Gas or Electric for beginner

i have to say ELE for simple driving that you can do indoors

and nitro for pure speed and the wow factor