Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Queens, NY Midnight RC street racing club...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Queens, NY Midnight RC street racing club...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
FuelLeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Queens, NY Midnight RC street racing club...

Would anyone be interested in a little late-night RC action? I usually meet up with a friend who runs with me at the Flushing Municipal lot (most times we run our Trucks to cope with the slightly uneven terrain). Running late is prime there because of the wide-open space. Hit me up and let me know if this is worth slapping together.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Queens, NY Midnight RC street racing club...

Last time I heard being anywhere in Quenns at night ain't smart. [X(]
Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 AM
FuelLeak

Hahaha. Not too bad nowadays. Besides, the lot we run at is next to the 109th PCT. of the NYPD.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:00 PM
J.D.T

that sounds cool, we got together for some late night bashes on top of a local parking garage a couple years back but had to quite when the owner died and his kid felt like just paying the normal parking fee was not enough and wanted to close the top floor one night a week for $500 dollars a month, we were paying $2.75 ramp fee for up to three hours prior to that so we had to find a not so nice parking lot we can bash in the daytime for $200 a year with free electric.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: FuelLeak

Would anyone be interested in a little late-night RC action? I usually meet up with a friend who runs with me at the Flushing Municipal lot (most times we run our Trucks to cope with the slightly uneven terrain). Running late is prime there because of the wide-open space. Hit me up and let me know if this is worth slapping together.

where is this place?? maybe i will pass by, how many of you all are there, and what do you guys run.. there is a NY racers thread here, do a search and post your comments there, you may get more responses.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
RS4rallydriver

sounds like fun. Im usually a night person myself I would come by and hang out if others were there[8D]
Old 01-05-2008, 07:44 AM
FuelLeak

Ok, looks like we got a few Queens folk with some interest. Keeping in mind weather (cold as hell...wait, hell is hot...nevermind), a Friday or Saturday night in the coming week looks good. BTW, the location is Flushing Municipal Lot # 1 (entrances on Union Street, 37th and 39th Avenues and 138th Street). It's a two-level structure, the upper level is big, although the lower level is slighly smoother (although speed bumps are in place). Usually I run my Savage with Road Hawgs, or my RS4 Evo.

If you think this jives with y'all, hit me up at KanagawaPhil AT Yahoo.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:41 PM
ferrarimk13

ahh, i wouldnt mind coming, but i usually run down at floyd Bennet in brooklyn, they have a great track, and you might want to try it out, the guys are nice, and you can run whenever except sundays, when they race in summer, now during winter, you can go sunda ytoo.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:55 AM
FuelLeak

I'll be over there this Friday night with my RS4 and Savage (I like to jump the second level ramp). If anyone is going to go, [email protected] is how to reach me direct.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
hotrod1

I might stop down one night when I get my Tmaxx running, I'll email you if I know im coming.