Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

H9 Ultimate incidence question

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 Ultimate incidence question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 AM
HGV
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H9 Ultimate incidence question

Checking the incidence on my Ultimate this weekend and found this:

Plane fully assembled, tail raised until incidence meter on the bottom wing reads 0.

Top wing at center reads -1/2 degree

But the tail reads 0 degress and I believe I read where it should be +2 degrees (leading edge up). Shouldn't this incidence be built into the frame work of the plane?

Thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: H9 Ultimate incidence question

HGV,

Having a 1/2 degree negative will allow the top wing to keep flying a tad longer than the bottom wing. I did this on my GP Ultimate and it was a nice setup. I seemed to take a bit out of the snaps but that's about all

I did 0-0-0 on my WH Ultimate and the stall was much more sudden which made for great snaps but when the plane decided to stop flying it was somewhat sudden

I'm in the middle of doing one of these but probably will not have it done until early next year and I was planning on getting it just like yours