Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Your opinion please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 06:11 PM
OMLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion please.

OK, its like this. i have no clue about r/c cars. but i must say i really wouldn't mind having one. so i had a look on ebay and didn't find too much. did a couple of searches on google and didn't find anything too spectacular. but! i did find this..

http://www.********.co.uk/proddetail...8c478c64c261ed

This to me looks fine, having no clue on the matter though i figured i should find someone who's opinion might actually be backed with knowledge. so i ask you kind forum members to tell me your honest opinion on this car. If though you should know of something along the same price range but better, please do tell

one last thing... r/c cars on sand? well the beach seems the most obvious place to drive them but is that likely to bugger up the engine? info please - thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 06:38 PM
redheat8

Default RE: Your opinion please.

Personally I would continue to shop around alittle more, maybe look into AE, LOSI, TRAXXAS, and yes you can run them on the sand but take caution not to let sand or anything enter the engine other than fuel and air, RED
Old 10-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

if want to run in the sand a Nitro Rustler from traxxas is a really good choice. i never seen that truck you showed. but traxxas and durtrax and losi are a good start to search round. if you visit traxxas.com they have many trucks you can read about on there forums and actually order or look at trucks on photos.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:02 PM
OMLE

The problem with those sites are that they are US based. being in the UK i would need to find somewhere that is a bit closer to home. even if i did buy from abroad i would need to pay extra shipping and customs charges. its just alot easier to get from the UK (also protected by uk law if the thing turns up defective).
Old 10-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

oh, i am sorry i didnt know you lived in UK. i should of known
Old 10-01-2004, 08:15 PM
OMLE

just tracked down the nitro rustler in the UK, its £269, thats quite a bit more expensive than it is on that website you posted. rather upsetting that
will keep looking and see if i can find it a bit cheaper. since i dont really want to spend too much on this as i dont want to spend too much on something that i may never find the time to enjoy
Old 10-02-2004, 10:03 PM
yfyf

i reall y wouldnt recomed that truck one its from a no name company which makes parts hard to find, as well i wouldnt recomend a stadium truck as they arent the best type, if ur lookin for offroad go for a monster truck or a buggie, make sure u get it from a bigger name such as tamiya, kyosho, hpi, ect thats just my two cents
Old 10-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Memopad

Stadium trucks aren't the best? hahah best for what?! You can get more information off this site than you could ever want... too bad its mostly bs.

In general the beach usually isn't the best place to run your rc vehicals. The sand just finds its way into everything, from engines to differentials and transmissions. Not a problem if you don't mind rebuilding things often, but as a beginner that might not be the case.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:46 AM
OMLE

OK, thanks for the info. Anyone know of websites based in the UK that sells rc cars at a reasonable price?