Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Carden Edge 540 35% or Aerotech edge 540 35%

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carden Edge 540 35% or Aerotech edge 540 35%

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:52 AM
Ian Shaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden Edge 540 35% or Aerotech edge 540 35%

I am looking to buy a 35% Edge 540, and these are the too I have come up with. Now the hard part is to choose which one. Apart from the Carden being the most time consuming to build. Can anyone tell me the main diferences in these too planes, If any at all.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:02 AM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Carden Edge 540 35% or Aerotech edge 540 35%

i think you'll find the carden is actually an EASIER build....probably taking the same amount of time. The Carden kit quality is also much much better than the Aerotech...particularly in the quality of the fiberglass and foam parts. You'll also save much time with the Carden kit because of the edge-trued balsa sheeting....just tape the sheets together and cut to size. With the Aerotech, you'll need to edge-true both sides of each sheet before making your skins....not hard, just time consuming and tedious.

Spend the extra money on the Carden....it's definitely money well spent. I've built both Carden and Aerotech kits....I now have plans to build 2 more Cardens this winter....I won't be trying any more Aerotech kits.....just my opinion.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Yak543D

Default RE: Carden Edge 540 35% or Aerotech edge 540 35%

Hello,

My opinion is the Aerotech has alot of better features than some others. The sheeting I recieved was not only edged true and alot lighter grade of wood. The laser cut parts are alot eaiser to put the plane together. I had my fuselage done in 5 hours ready for the belly pan and turtle deck. Sheeting foam will be the same with any company. I have no experience with the Edge 540 but a few do inn the Aerotech Forum and the results have been very nice with the finished product and customer support. I will say both planes fly well and I know that Aerotech shipping prices to the UK are alot less than Carden. I had them quote a 40% Extra 330s before I bought my Yak and it was almost $600.00. My Aerotech Yak was 3 big boxes for $230.00 UPS. But look in different forums like here and the Flying Giants. You find similar opinions and experiences as I have had.

David