Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Clod buster metal edition.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clod buster metal edition.

I'm looking to get a clod buster just for fun and take to camp..no competition or anything like that.. just some campsite brawling and running on the sand.

Looked at Tower and they have the blue one and a metal edition. The metal one is over a hundred dollars more... Is it just cosmetics or does it have ball bearings and stuff?.

The other Clod....do I need to put ball bearings in it?.. From what I remember all the Tamiya I had always came with those stupid, worthless plastic bushings that I have no idea why they would put such a cheap part in a nice rig.

How much would full bearings cost for the Clod?.

Always wanted a Clod as a kid.. now I can afford it, so guess I would like to get one now.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Clod buster metal edition.

It looks like it is just cosmetic (like the metal version of the Midnight Pumpkin and Lunchbox). I would look on eBay for a used one and get something that is already ready to run and setup for bashing.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Pilot_Guy

it says a metal plated body, blacked out bumpers and shock bodies and wheels are chrome.

Doesn't seem worth the 100 bucks more than the regular Clod Buster. I'll get the regular Clod and use the extra 100 dollars for ball bearings and maybe some better shocks.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Pilot_Guy

WOW!.. the metal version is 180 dollars more than the regular version and by metal it means just plated plastic to look like metal... For that price I would want ball bearings standard and better motors.. jeesh.

I'm going to see whats on Ebay.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Pilot_Guy

The metal edition comes with a ESC rather than the mechanical one I see.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Yah, but for the $180 difference you could get a Traxxas EVX-2 ESC and some better motors (off eBay) as well as bearings at the very least.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Pilot_Guy

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

Yah, but for the $180 difference you could get a Traxxas EVX-2 ESC and some better motors (off eBay) as well as bearings at the very least.
Exactly... That metal edition is not worth the extra 180 dollars over the regular version of the ClodBuster IMO. Only a cheap ESC and all metal plated plastic shell is what it is.

yah, it would make more sense to get the regular ClodBuster and put in a awesome ESC and motors..ect ect. You end up eith a better clodbuster than the metal version and it would be almost the same price. Hmmmm I could always plate the white shell chrome if I wanted that metal look.

That metal version makes no sense... just a collector item IMO.