Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Air Flair PC-300

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 09:07 AM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Flair PC-300

Does anyone here have first hand experience with this kit? [link=http://www.airflair.com/flairct1.html#anchor139040]Link[/link]
I keep seeing the ad for this plane in RC Report, and considering it for my next project.

Is the RTF weight as advertised? What is the wing area / loading?
Quality of materials, plans and instructions? Ease of construction? Flight characteristics?
Engine recommendation? I would go with gas/ignition with a canister muffler (Noise is an issue)
Old 01-30-2004, 09:42 PM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Default RE: Air Flair PC-300

Nobody?
Poor guy mustn't sell too many kits. [&o]
Old 01-30-2004, 10:12 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've built and flown the PC 300 along with the Prime Stick and Prime Sport. All are easy to build and fly.

I didn't weigh the PC, but I'd guess the weight is close to that advertised.

I powered mine with a Saito 300 twin. I'm not an advanced pilot, but I know the craft will do all the normal sport flying types of maneuvers.

All the designs are rock steady unless you go too slow. Then they drop a wing with no notice. So keep a little power on when landing.

Buy the kit. I think you will like it.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:10 AM
VinceL

I have built and flown all of the Prime Things..... They are all great airplanes for the buck. The ones I built were from the former owner of the design, R/C Sports. The PC 300 is a longer,narrower, less dihedral version of the Prime cut. It was originally designed to do a knife edge loop, mine never did but it had extremely good knife edge capabilities. I really think it may be the most solid feeling ship of the group, it had a real pattern feel to it. It's problem areas are the previously mentioned tip stall. That only shows up at extremely low airspeed and although I never tried you may be able to eliminate the problem entirely by reflexing the ailerons up just a little for landing. I am sure that flaps would completely do away with it. The other problem is that it is very narrow. It is hard to find any engine that will stay within the cowl. I used a Q52 and had great performance at about 17 lbs. Just in case anyone is interested I have a kit bashed version I would like to sell. I think it is better than the kit, same basic airplane but wider so engines fit better, glassed and painted, beautiful... Just noticed that you mentioned a canister muffler, there is no way other than to sling it under the fuse.