Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help choosing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
acompdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing!!!

Ok, I have been in the rc hobby before and got out and I want to get back in but cant decide what to get. I know I want an off-road nitro truck. I am open to pretty much any type of truck and brand. I have been looking at the Revo and the HPI trucks. I like the style of the MT2 and I just like the Revo all around. The biggest thing I really want help with is choosing the right truck with a good motor. I want an engine that will reliable and easy to tune. Any and all opinions are appreciated. Also mods please move this thread if necessary.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
running_gag

Default RE: Need help choosing!!!

biggest question is do you want to race? if you do then its revo hands down (if you like monster trucks). if your not racing I personally would suggest the savage as it takes a pretty good beating. not that the revo doesn't, the savage just takes a better one. this is based on monster trucks. stadium trucks, buggies and truggies are someone elses forte.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
acompdude

Thanks for your input. I dont really plan on racing for the fact that there is not a track really close to where I live but I may decide to race later since there is a track about 45 minutes drive away. Anyone else have anything I should look at or consider. I really dont know much about all these engines, stadium trucks and buggies/truggies and would really like some input on these subjects.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:18 PM
running_gag

I'll let you know one thing. as long as it is brand name you will be happy with it. Take a look at the losi muggy ar truggy or ducky or whatever its called. that thing looks nice. but honestly you can't go wrong as long as its a name you can trust. (I sound like a bank commercial.)
Old 01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
bte214

Can't go wrong with an rc10gt2 (or gt) or the xxx-nt. That is if you want to go the stadium truck route.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
acompdude

Does anyone know much about the mt2. I really like the style and price, but havent heard much about it.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
hands without shadows

The mt2 is a good all round truck, you just need to shim your diffs before you run it the first time and everything should hold up. The engines that come with them run good and last pretty long, alot of people upgrade to a tz .15 or .18. If your going to be bashing get a monster truck, the mt2 is not a monster truck, its a stadium truck. If your ever going to want to race with the mt2 your probably going to get stuck racing with the monster trucks because its the only popular 4wd nitro stadium truck.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
acompdude

Well the way this is going I think I am going to stick with a monster truck or a truggy because I am going to mostly be bashing. I keep hearing that the Savage is tougher than the revo and that it is generally a little better for bashing. And most people are saying that the engines are pretty good too. I have also been reading that the revo is a good truck and a little faster and the engines are also pretty good. So not I guess it is between those two or a truggy. Man I have making decisions that involve decent amounts of money.(I am a high school/college student with a low paying part time job so my money is tight lol)
Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 AM
running_gag

If money is tight i would forget about a truggie for now. a little bit pricey.