Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC skid steers/skid loader???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:19 AM
C00LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC skid steers/skid loader???

Hi, anybody ever heard of or seen an RC skid steer a.k.a. skid loader? Most would call it a Bobcat. But thats just a brand name.
Im particularly looking for a CASE or New Holland. I have seen one once beforebut I dont remember what kind it was. Im hoping to find something that you can raise and lower the boom arms and tilt the bucket fwd and back. Even better Id LOOVE to find one with tracks!!!

I work for CASE/NEW HOLLAND as a Skid Steer Test Operator. Yup! Im a test pilot!!!! Just like a bunch of little boys in a dirtpile digging holes. Thats what we do at work but we get to try out different units every day. We even get to play with other brands like John Deere(which is a GREAT digger by the way!), CASE, New Holland, Caterpillar, Bobcat, and some other ones I forget the brand names.

Ive seen a crappy one at Toys R Us but it was on a wire and the bucket/boom arms were manual controled. Im kinda hoping to find some type of scale model RC loader.

I couldnt find a forum to post this in that better fit so I put this post here. If there IS a construction vehicle forum I missed it.

Any ideas or point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Rob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45835.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	594808  
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:10 AM
TIGER76

Default RE: RC skid steers/skid loader???

Hey m8 welcome to the forums found a few items on ebay even a real one for 22k lol
have a loolk through here..
[link=http://search.ebay.co.uk/skid-steer_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfltZ9QQfnuZ1QQsatitleZski dQ2aQ20steerQ2a]rc skid steer[/link]
Old 01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
bte214

Check out gardentrucking.com. It is all about rc scale trucks. I saw a front end loader for sure but didn't search there enough to find your skid steer. You could try e-mailing the creator of the site (his e-mail is on the homepage). The trucks on this site are high quality and may be relatively expensive. Also I know horizonhobby.com had a garden truck rc series but i think they discontinued them a while back. Check e-bay time to timeto find them. Look at the one at bobcatstore.com. It looks to be full functions and runs on tracks.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:44 AM
C00LR

Hey thanks guys. I saw the Bobcat track unit. Pretty cool!! The one I ran across was about $100. I'm really looking for a CASE or New Holland brand. But I won't rule out the Bobcat. It said that it can only be used on a clean surface though[:@] I was hoping to give it a shot at digging a hole with it. Obviously I'd have to find some loose dirt to mess with though.
I did look at the garden trucking and horizon hobby websites and found only model units but not RC units.
I think I'll keep looking at E-Bay and will eventually find something.
Rob