Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas e revo vxl

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM
7:34pm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas e revo vxl

New here, definitely not new to forums. I did some reading and a bit of research and now have an idea of what I want; just need some 'professional' opinion

I'm sure you guys get this a lot, but I haven't played with RC's since the 90's, now everything's changed and I don't know what's what. I'm just looking to 'bash' and have fun in the driveway, mall parking lot, dirt, street, etc. Correct me on any of this if I'm wrong but I've narrowed it down to:

Electric - As much as I love engines I think a nitro would be too high maintenance. Just want to charge and drive.
Truggy - It can be driven almost anywhere. Cars are too low, trucks too bulky and slow looking.
RTR - I can build things, but too lazy unless the price is significantly less for a kit. I just want to drive.
4WD - better handling off-road.
~$300

I've been reading about the 1/16th e revo vxl, the only thing I'm concerned about is the 1/16th being too small and i think the next size up is a 1/10th for an extra $250?

Let m know if you guys have suggestions!

Thanks for reading.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Default RE: Traxxas e revo vxl

no suggestions? the sc10 seems nice but I don't think it's as fast as the revo.. ?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
moe7404

well i have only been in rc a little over one year.the things that I think are important. 1. the hobbie shop, should be well stocked, should have people that can be of help, mostly young guys,. 2. i like pavement cause it doesnt get as dirty. 3. i like nitro cause i dont run out off battery. 4. cause iam on pavement i dont need 4 four wheel drive. now iam not saying these things should your ideas, there just my ideas that work for me. you should pick the things that work for you. good luck.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 PM

^thanks

I'm already pretty set on getting it. More interested to see if you guys recommend getting anything with it, extra battery pack? upgrade the stock batteries to what? stock motor sufficient enough?<br type="_moz" />