Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help :X

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
MikeCap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help :X

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Not sure if this is the right place to post if not please move it to right place.

Okay so Ive had a Matrix TR Arena in my garage for about a year now, and decide to use it.
So I cleaned it and all, but for some reason It won't start when I try to prime it the fuel does not go trough the fuel lines at all. I removed the tubes and cleaned them but nothing. It also has a drill start on it instead of the pull start.

If you know whats wrong, id appreciate knowing what I have to do.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Sorry for bothering</span>
Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Help :X

You have one, or both, of two issues.
First, it sat for a year With fuel in it?
If so the carb could be gummed up and not drawing fuel. Remove the carb, dissassemble and clean it.
Second, you have an air leak in the fuel system.
Check the lines from the pipe to the tank and the tank to the carb for cracks/holes/leaks. It's sometimes easier to just replace those lines with new. Also, check the fuel tank for cracks/holes/leaks paying close attention to seams, mounting points and the cap.

Good Luck
Old 12-28-2010, 05:19 PM
MikeCap

I started to look for the problem and found that when ever I try to start it with the pull start or drill start it does not spin anything around.<div>Im going to try to disassemble it tomorrow tho. </div><div>
</div><div>And no I removed all the fuel, and no crack or leaks.</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>
Old 12-28-2010, 05:26 PM
DaveG55

In that case, it's the One Way Bearing (OWB). It may be cleanable but may need to be replaced. Clean it with alcohol to break-up the oil/grease/grime and reinstall it w/o oiling it. If it has to be replaced they usually run from $15 - $25. They are not hard to take apart, usuaally only 4 screwes holding the spin/pull start on and the OWB is usually under that. Although I have seen them inside the crankcase.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:08 PM
MikeCap

In that case I will try to clean it, because when I took it appart it was actually full of grease.

Thanks, I'll reply with the results
Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 PM
DaveG55

The roller bearings in the OWB ride in a grove. When the engine is running the roller bearings are at the top of the grove and not in contact with the crankshaft. When the starter is pulled/turned the roller bearings drop down and wedge against the crankshaft turning it to crank the engine. If the bearings/groves become greased up or dirt the roller bearings cannot move freely in the groves and so won't be able to grip the shaft.
Some people use a light oil when reinstalling the OWB but I've always had the best luck installing them dry. They will pick up a bit of lubrication from the oil in the fuel and that can be helpful but it can also attract dirt, which causes the OWB's to need recleaning from time to time.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 PM
MikeCap

Well idisassembledeverything cleaned ect and put back together and still nothing. thisis reallyfrustrating
Old 12-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Anthoop

The drill is turning in the correct direction of rotation?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

The drill is turning in the correct direction of rotation?
An excelent question and one I wish I had remembered to ask.
Still, a clean OWB is not a bad thing.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:02 PM
MikeCap

Its the One Way Hub or the Oneway Start Shaft