Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DXE (A) issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2024, 07:51 PM
aa7jc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DXE (A) issue

My DXE was doing very well until I used the Spektrum Programmer ver 3.8
The programmer communicated to my DXE via the USB programming cable and I was able to do a lot..
At one point I decided to reset the model to default.. After that the next time I tried to connect I got this error:
"There was a problem reading the device's serial number"

I googled to see if there was any help but apparently I am the only one this has ever happened to?

Any ideas?
Old 07-20-2024, 09:38 AM
aa7jc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a solution

The problem centered around the USB not providing adequate power to keep the DXE transmitter functioning in a stable way.
So I built an adapter that clipped the red lead from the programming cable and powered up the DXE using its own battery.
After doing that the Spektrum Programmer immediately recognized the DXE the very second I powered it up.

Yesterday I mistakenly thought the error was associated with my clearing the model to defaults. That was just a coincidence.

Old 07-23-2024, 05:42 AM
AndyKunz

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

No need to clip the red lead. The SPMA3065 handles the isolation for you. All you needed to do was power on the transmitter normally after connecting to the USB cable and starting the PC app.

Andy
The following users liked this post:
aa7jc (07-23-2024)