Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

himoto

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 PM
jinja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default himoto

what are the good things and bad things about himoto truggys in general
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Nik.

Default RE: himoto

Pro: they are cheap.

Con:they are cheap.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
twomanytoys

Of all the cheaper brand rc's Himoto and Redcat are the tops. They are actually built pretty well. Expecially the 1/8 scale trucks and truggies. You can get parts pretty easy also so no worry about that. If you are on a budget and want to get into rc there is no better way unless you save for a name brand then if you dont like it you are stuck with the more expensive name brand that you will lose your but on trying to sell it. I bought my son a Redcat Avalanche for christmas. I paid 280 for it. I just sold it on ebay for 260. Not much loss and it was a great truck. Only reason for getting rid of it is because I got a great deal on a pair of new Savages so something had to go.

I would buy another Redcat over another Traxxas anyday.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:21 AM
pede_187

wait wait wait! Let me tell you something before people start bashing himoto.

It seems that they are trying to break away from the HSP made cars. They have made a few of their own which many people are happy with. What are you looking to do?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:38 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Nik.

Pro: they are cheap.

Con:they are cheap.
Ditto. The only advantage they offer is a cheaper price at the effect of having a cheaply made product. However most people are so bamboozled by the low cost they don't care about the low quality of the product or service that goes with it.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

wait wait wait! Let me tell you something before people start bashing himoto.

It seems that they are trying to break away from the HSP made cars. They have made a few of their own which many people are happy with. What are you looking to do?
How can they "break away" from a company that they are owned by?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
ludeman

I have a Himoto Emamba and put in a VXL package. Let me tell you it's great! It looks so cheap like it will break on the first jump but this thing is tough! If you get the Himoto it comes with bearings where the Redcat ones come with bushings[:'(] otherwise it's the same car. The only bad thing about them is the weak drive shaft and plastic spur. I really like these cars. Maybe not for racing but they are the bomb for bashing.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
pede_187

they are not the same as hsp. They buy their stuff from hsp. I don't know if you've seen any but they are starting to make their own products. Here is a video of their 1/10 3 diff truggy that was made by them http://youtube.com/watch?v=C20Li8MsBuw
Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM
zeen420
Banned

My god, Do some reserch people before you open your mouth...Pede is correct
Old 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Kitsune

ORIGINAL: zeen420

I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up here.
What exactly are you reffering to? The company's relation in this twisted maze of Chinese manufacturers, or the their quality?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:53 PM
zeen420
Banned

Ya and figures you need to get the last word in.... Liek I said, DO SOME FREAKING RESERCH YOURSELF and stop going by what you read in the forums.....

twisted maze of Chinese manufacturers? THEY ARE EVERYWHERE, RC's, CLOTHING COMPANIES, CAR COMPANIES, People who make dinner plates for freaks sakes.. It's just the way it works today.. And quality? Dude.. I've jumped my Redcat off my roof a dozen times and just blew out a diff gear the other day. And that is NOTHING.. And I find Himoto to be even a better brand, Look at what they have coming and their new MegaP series... Just give it a break, No one is going to win this disscusion over "The chinese knock-off's" it's pointless and has been drove over the edge way to far
Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Kitsune

Jeeze! I was just asking for some clarification as to what you were refferring to. You don't have to bite head off and start ranting over it.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
kuppler

well check out this video of My Himoto Taipan XRS

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH3tdEdPboc]My Video[/link]
Old 04-25-2008, 12:03 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Good point, eveything is chinese made, and unfortunately, most chinese products are inferior, TV's their clothing, pens, pencils, etc. As for RC's, generally, the pure chinese stuff are not the bet of quality.

Now, there is a disturbing trend: even the name brand companies such as HPI, Traxxas, maybe even Losi and AE (I'm not sure which ones) are now subcontracting chinese companies to make their parts. I know for sure HPI has contacted Kingstar (Nitrostar) to make th Nitrostar engines (which are really overpriced low quality engines). These RTR engines unfortunately do not compare to OS engines or the Rossi engines in terms of materials and production quality.

I personally say bring back the manufacturing to the western countries so that we can have direct control on the quality controls instead of relying on shady subcontractors who could be cutting way too many corners. If the westerners make crap RCs, we have noone to blame but ourselves. But if we make quality RCs that we so demand, then it is that quality that will set the standards for the whole world. (Additionally, we would be returning jobs back to the western countries.)

Old 04-25-2008, 05:39 AM
Kitsune

I agree with you 100%. We do need to start making more stuff here again. I work in manufacturing, myself, and can vouch for both the quality issue and the loss of jobs caused by outsourcing to other countries. Work for our plant has (over the past month) dropped to a low that hasn't been seen in 15-20 years. Rumors of layoffs and work hour cuts are going around.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 AM
The Mad Modder

Ya and figures you need to get the last word in.... Liek I said, DO SOME FREAKING RESERCH YOURSELF and stop going by what you read in the forums.....

twisted maze of Chinese manufacturers? THEY ARE EVERYWHERE, RC's, CLOTHING COMPANIES, CAR COMPANIES, People who make dinner plates for freaks sakes.. It's just the way it works today.. And quality? Dude.. I've jumped my Redcat off my roof a dozen times and just blew out a diff gear the other day. And that is NOTHING.. And I find Himoto to be even a better brand, Look at what they have coming and their new MegaP series... Just give it a break, No one is going to win this disscusion over "The chinese knock-off's" it's pointless and has been drove over the edge way to far
Can't someone disagree here without being crucified? You really need to relax.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:59 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

twisted maze of Chinese manufacturers? THEY ARE EVERYWHERE, RC's, CLOTHING COMPANIES, CAR COMPANIES,
Good point, eveything is chinese made, and unfortunately, most chinese products are inferior, TV's their clothing, pens, pencils, etc. As for RC's, generally, the pure chinese stuff are not the bet of quality.

Now, there is a disturbing trend: even the name brand companies such as HPI, Traxxas, maybe even Losi and AE (I'm not sure which ones) are now subcontracting chinese companies to make their parts. I know for sure HPI has contacted Kingstar (Nitrostar) to make th Nitrostar engines (which are really overpriced low quality engines). These RTR engines unfortunately do not compare to OS engines or the Rossi engines in terms of materials and production quality.

I personally say bring back the manufacturing to the western countries so that we can have direct control on the quality controls instead of relying on shady subcontractors who could be cutting way too many corners. If the westerners make crap RCs, we have noone to blame but ourselves. But if we make quality RCs that we so demand, then it is that quality that will set the standards for the whole world. (Additionally, we would be returning jobs back to the western countries.)

Beautifully said, Jim.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 AM
The Mad Modder

Since you're the expert on this, zeen, why don't you give me links to those pages you researched. Himoto carrying additional products is not enough to convince me that they are going to completely break away from HSP, redcat, wind hobby, and however many other aliases there are for the same vehicles. If you can show me some conclusive evidence, I will believe you.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
The Mad Modder

(Back on topic.)

ORIGINAL: jinja

what are the good things and bad things about himoto truggys in general
I don't think that you'll find a unbiased opinion here. You have the people who can't see any good in them, and those who think they're great. Personally I think the the saying "you get what you pay for" is correct.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
pede_187

I know that the older style 1/10s ARE copies of the HPI RS4 with slight mods to them. I don't know about the 1/8's.

Here is one of the cars that himoto themselves are making http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...R-dsh-3/Detail
Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 PM
nubzorz

i would say himoto and redcat are basically the same they all use the same parts but himoto is located over sea's i believe so if you order from them it takes quite some time to get it
Old 04-25-2008, 10:18 PM
ranger4x4

thats not exactly true they come from the same factory yes. but they both have different trucks, different models, and different designs. and himoto now has a u.s. suppplier and dealers as well. himoto and redcat are very different companies.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 PM
pede_187

and himoto is making their own cars
Old 04-25-2008, 10:43 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Himoto is designing their own cars, the megap series, also we have a 1/8 buggy and truggy that are designed by us along with a 1/14 mini 2 speed. There are alot of exciting things happening in the next few months, including a 1/5 truck, rock crawler and a new 1/10 truck. Check us out on the forum here, himotoracing support forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm
Old 04-26-2008, 02:12 AM
ranger4x4

ok i'm kind of confused here, maybe someone can clarify this for me."inferior" chinese products? where is samsung made? how about motorola? and what else.... how about kyosho? or are those made here in the u.s.? and maybe look under the hood of the gmc/chevy 1 ton trucks with the duramax diesel, and tell me where those are made? it's not here those are isuzu diesel engines made in both china and japan. if so called chinese knock offs are that big of a problem to some people try looking at the country of origin and don't buy it if you don't like it. it's that simple. not everything from over there is cheap and of low quality. also if you look around on the net it's not hadr to find that himoto is big in a lot of countries like australia, new zealand, europe etc. etc. they are just coming to the u.s. i'm sure that even companies like hpi, traxxas, and so on, got the same things said about them when they came around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.