Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Upgrade AM Radio Upgrade for Traxxas Rustler VXL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Upgrade AM Radio Upgrade for Traxxas Rustler VXL

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Maverick923

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade AM Radio Upgrade for Traxxas Rustler VXL

I have a Traxxas Rustler VXL with the old AM radio system. I am having issues with this system, and Traxxas suggested I upgrade. They have a power up program they told me where I would have to pay $72 for the new system in a trade for the old. I believe there are better solutions out there. I would love something for under $50. I just wanted a suggestion as to what to upgrade to?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:57 AM
RustyUs

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

For low budget radio with all the adjustments a regular person would need I chose a FlySky FS-GT3C. Or on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/151507061796...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT , if you don't mind the wait. It came with the updated FS-GR3E receiver. As far as FlySky radio performance/features go, I have no real complaints in performance. I only got it 'cause of the $6 price tag of the extra receivers are far less than a $80 Futaba receiver for my 3PM radio that I use for racing. As my growing RC collection is evolving, I needed an alternative to control the masses. The GT3C does feel a little "cheap" and is the only way I can describe the feel. It works great and has EPA for throttle and steering (which should be a must have for anyone looking to uprgade); 10 model memory; dual-rate, and the usual trims.

Would I recommend the FlySky FS-GT3C to somebody on a tight budget ($50) ... sure. At the same time... if you can afford a bigger name brand... by all means do it.

Or Maybe check out the RadioLink RC3S...also around $50.

If you don't need end point adjustments, the FlySky FS-GT2 ($20) might be an even better value/starter 2.4ghz radio system.