Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Kangke Rearwin Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangke Rearwin Speedster

What is the word good or bad on the Kangke Rearwin Speedster ARF? Man I love the looks of that model.. Brian Smith
Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Kangke Rearwin Speedster

It is BIG and heavy but flies like a trainer. Mine weighs 18 pounds. Great scale detail, nearly perfect measurements. You need to put stiffners on the landing gear but other than that it is a real solid plane and a great flyer. They recommend a 40cc engine but I went with the ZDZ 50NG and 20oz gas tank. It balances perfect with no nose weight. I have a 16oz smoke tank also. Don't go by the photos for the color, it looks different in the flesh. The color is unique and stands out in a crowd. I love mine, wish they would make a kit of the Rearwin in a smaller scale like they did the Monocoupe. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Harry
Old 07-29-2006, 06:13 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

I had one. I first had an mvvs35g engine on it, way to much power. I then mounted a Saito150, much more fun. It would almost hang on the prop on the Saito150, rolls were slow, fun and laboring. Turns were WITH rudder, slow flight VERY SLOW. My gear came out as well, just taxiing and hitting some rough. Reinforcement of the gear plate/mount and softer main tires are a must. Inverted flying demanded quite a bit of push on the elevator and power. I was in the progress of putting floats on mine but sold it. I would pick up another for a converted 4-stroke weetie engine and put floats on it, would be the perfect Sunday float plane.
DKjens
Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 PM
lever02

I love mine, went with a g38. You can putt around or burn-up the sky. Just lots of fun. Go with larger wheels.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 PM
OVER WORKED

ORIGINAL: HarryJ

It is BIG and heavy but flies like a trainer. Mine weighs 18 pounds. Great scale detail, nearly perfect measurements. You need to put stiffners on the landing gear but other than that it is a real solid plane and a great flyer. They recommend a 40cc engine but I went with the ZDZ 50NG and 20oz gas tank. It balances perfect with no nose weight. I have a 16oz smoke tank also. Don't go by the photos for the color, it looks different in the flesh. The color is unique and stands out in a crowd. I love mine, wish they would make a kit of the Rearwin in a smaller scale like they did the Monocoupe. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Harry

Hey Harry go to our web site and check out the NEW tab.