Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

2-56/4-40 Nylock Nuts Provided with Rocket City/Nelson Components....

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

2-56/4-40 Nylock Nuts Provided with Rocket City/Nelson Components....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-56/4-40 Nylock Nuts Provided with Rocket City/Nelson Components....

Can anyone here tell me WHERE I can source the tiny 2-56 and 4-40 nylock nuts that come with the Nelson/Rocket City ball links/etc????
I'm sure most of you know the ones I'm referring to -those TINY little miniature sized nylocks that are just so much nicer and compact than those bulky ones that Dubro provides with their ball links.
As a comparison, the 4-40 sized Nelson/Rocket City nylocks that I'm looking for are actually SMALLER in size than the 2-56 nylocks from Dubro!
I like the Nelson/Rocket City mini nylocks, because of their MUCH smaller size, and I was wondering if any of you guys could help me find a source for them? I have put a call into Nelson, but in case they cannot help, I thought I'd check with you guys. I know that someone has got to know where these mini nylocks come from. Just a matter of finding someone who knows.
Can anyone kindly be of assistance here? I would GREATLY appreciate it!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:45 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: 2-56/4-40 Nylock Nuts Provided with Rocket City/Nelson Components....

Paul,
Have you tried Micro Fastners in New Jersey? I think they have more than one size OD and thinner that the standard nyloc nuts.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2-56/4-40 Nylock Nuts Provided with Rocket City/Nelson Components....

Good luck!! I'm always in need of those things and haven't been able to locate them either. Let the world know if and when you find a source.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh? Am I missing something? I just bought a bag of 4-40 nuts from Nelson hobbies when I ordered some stuff recently. Give him a call.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Cool, I'll check with them then. He must have misunderstood me when I asked for them last time. Jerry? is hard to get in touch with sometimes too... Called today no answer. Will try again... Thanks!

BTW,
Nelson Hobbies and the guy who produces the Rocket City stuff (who actually sells to Nelson) has to source them from SOMEWHERE, and this is really what I'd like to know. WHO makes them ultimately, so I could purchase them direct. I don't mind going through Nelson, but I'm sure there are other fastener suppliers that can get them too...