Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rc10gt Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 02:49 AM
Moonunit451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc10gt Rocks!

This is my first RC car. My buddy has one and after a lot of research and hours reading this forum I decided to go with the RC10GT. His experience with the car and all I learned here convinced me that this was a great first car.

The car was a Christmas gift to my seven year old son and I from my siblings and their families. I got the car used with the original sales receipt and AE factory tuned off ebay. I only saved $30 off of what I could have bought it for new, but I didn't have to break it in or tune it. A true R2R!

We ended up getting the car Dec 30th and we have run the car about 6-7 times a little over a half gallon of Nitro, when it wasn't raining and presumably dry enough to go. This is Oregon folks.

Been in Costco parking lots, New Years day, one of the few times you can find one empty, grade school playground down the street, my backyard, a couple acres filled with horse crap and a couple horses ( they weren't thrilled).

There have been so many flips and cartwheels already I can't even count them. My son is having almost as much fun as I am! This thing is a kick. I haven't had so much fun since the first couple weeks after I bought my used 86 Vette, now I'm just scarred of that, but this thing is awsome!

Today, we took it out on the street in front of the house and ran it for about an hour or so (since I'm learning - water, bad) and had a kick a** time. Best of all, through this short time and as much running as possible, not one damn thing accept the cheap controller has been bent or busted! This thing is almost bombproof as far as I can tell, and it rips!

Thanks to all of you who participate in here to help each other. This is a great forum, and how much have computers and the Internet done to help all kinds of knowledge and activities. It's a great time to be alive!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:01 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

Moonunit451.... Thanks for your enthusiasm and the fun info for us to read. One things for sure....your talking to a whole lot of guys who know exactly how you feel!

Good Luck!
Old 01-09-2003, 11:54 PM
hoodiegadoo

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

Glad everything is working out great for ya. Enjoy!
Old 01-10-2003, 12:04 AM
kyokai2

Default RC 10 GT

Yea that truck is a lot of fun, when you get bored with it try a 1/8 buggy for some serious r/c excitment. Now that the nitro bug bit ya get another one so you and your son can rip together, youll never forget it.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Moonunit451

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

Now that the nitro bug bit ya get another one so you and your son can rip together, youll never forget it.

kyokai2

I've sure already been thinking about that! It'll be a while though, and I think 1/8th is way out affordabilitywise.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:26 AM
hoodiegadoo

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

Shop around and you'll find something that will work out i'm sure. Trust me, I'm broke now because of all my "great deals".
Old 01-10-2003, 08:03 PM
grampi

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

I'm finding out the RC 10 is great not only because it's awesome "as is", but there's also so many mods you can do to it to make it even more fun. I'm in the process now of playing around with different gearing. I don't race mine, but rather just do the back yard bashing thing. I run in a large, open field, so I'm looking to get more top speed from mine. I can't wait until I can move up to a more powerful engine, like the O.S. CV-R .12. This thing is gonna flat-*****ed boogie then!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:01 AM
sundown198

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

I wish my Xmas time story of my RC10GT was as happy. Got a great deal off a trade forum like this for one got it in a day or so after xmas. Tried to start it up the first time and couldnt get anything out of it. So after some thinking and rembering something i read on here about taking the glowplug out and testing it to see if it was any good which i found it wasnt so headed the next day out to the local hobby store to pick up a few new glow plugs and a gal of fuel and me and a friend headed out to a local school we had been running his out and his new HPI 4x4 stadium truck and were having somewhat a blast i had mentioned while at the hobby shop that i should buy some new rear tires as the ones on it were old and very worn. but like a newb idiot i decided against it and wanted to se ehow it ran. well i spent the whole time doing doughnuts around the place the tires were so worn i couldnt keep the thing straight alot would spin out in the looses turns but still having fun and i get mine going straight and my friend comes up for a race were tearing wide open doing the parking lot straight away when up comes a turn i go into it gently when it spins i do a 360 and straiting out just in time to catch the concrete curbing head on. Surpringly and a testomony to the RC10 the only thing broke was a ball cup on the front tire the truck came about 6 to 7 feet in the air when it hit the curb, we were probably doing around 30 MPH when it hit the curb aslo, did three or four full 360 flips and smashed down hard but didnt crack the lexan body. I head over to the local hobby shop and they have closed early a few calls around find know one has the ball cups in stock so i go home and decide to really clean my newly got used RC10. well this is where my nitro RC life becomes hellish. Evidently in cleaning it i took away what ever was holding the screws in the spur gearing and also the set screw in the carb. get the parts to fix the ball cup and some new tires go to run it the first time and its wide open and no throttle control close inspection showns the carb comming about sense the idle set screw holds the rotory in place it also wont go anywhere becase both screws are now gone out of the spur gear and its falling off. spur gear was easy to fix but i soon found out that noone thus far around my local area carries teh idle set screw for a Ofna .12 Force Redhead an dhad to after amny calls to ofna order the part from nitrohouse.com in cali i did this about december 28th they didnt ship my part till the 2nd and i still have yet to recieve it. and have yet to run my car again
Old 01-13-2003, 02:39 AM
grampi

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

How did you end up with an RC 10 with an Ofna engine in it?
Old 01-13-2003, 03:29 AM
sundown198

Default Rc10gt Rocks!

It came with the ofna engine. Its a few years old i dont know if that has anything to do with it but the engine that came with it was a ofna .12 i even had all the paperwork from where the guy had ordered it it came from the store with it in there