Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

More Lowend?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 03:32 AM
kyokai2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Lowend?

Hey all, I have a low end power issue that I hope some of you racers out there can help me out with. I have the RB CONCEPTS C5 BUGGY ENGINE in my 7.5 K2 with the RB one piece pipe (9886) with the Waller power adapter and stock gearing with a 13 tooth bell. This is the long stroke engine, and the bottom end is not quite as snappy as Id like, its good with the Waller but need it just a little quicker off the line and out of the corners at low speed. Im running Odonell 20 percent and the clutch has been lightened, Im also using heavier springs so the clutch is not the problem and I dont want to change that because Ive been running this setup with great results. The top end is incredible but just need a little more bottom end, I did try a 53 pipe and a 63 pipe and the 86 was the best for bottom end on this engine. Any ideas or comments would be very much appreceiated. Thanx.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:56 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Low end

Thats is a nice setup you have there.

Have you tried playing with the spacing between the header and the pipe?

Sounds like you are real close, whats the situation with the low end mixture? Any room to play?
What temps you running?

Since you are racing have you ever thought about running a higher Nitro content?

Dbow
Old 01-12-2003, 04:16 PM
kyokai2

Default More lowend?

Thanks DBOW, I am running the one piece pipe and didnt know there was a way to change the pipe length, when I installed the Waller it was a major improvment. I have tried dialing in the lowend needle hoping for the lowend boost but it just seemed to lean the engine out too much and the temps went over 250. I run the engine under 250 and it seems to clear out real good. I havent tried higher nitro percent though, in the past I have and it seems to just raise the temps higher and not give any noticable power. Any other ideas? I will consider trying 25% nitro.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:36 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Lowend?

Have you checked out the recommendations on www.rbproducts.com? Check out their forum and ask the same questions there.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:44 PM
kyokai2

Default More lowend?

Yea 18tweety, I have been to the RB forum and Rody roem recommended the 9886 pipe and that was a big improvment because I was running the 053 novarossi pipe with very poor lowend power. Ive always heard the 053,063 were low end pipes but with this engine that is not the case, I dont know if its because of the long stroke or what but those pipes seemed to choke it real bad, thanks for the info.