Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Black & White

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 10:49 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Black & White

I grew up with B&W TV, so I'm used to it, but many younger people don't like it. Some older stuff has been colourized, but that's not always a good thing. A Christmas Carol with Allister Sim is not nearly so good colourized.

Anyway, I found a picture a few years ago that I recently decided to use as my Desktop background. It was black and white, and although I liked it a lot, it was pretty bland for a background. So I colourized it using a free on-line colourizer. https://www.img2go.com/colorize-image

Here's the before and after pics (shrunk a bit to fit this post):

Click image for larger version

Name:	01aC63Y.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2272616

Name:	XOAgoeR.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2272617
The following users liked this post:
suburban_hooligan (03-19-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 06:29 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 63 Likes on 59 Posts

i tried it, didn't get as good of a result... neat though
Old 03-23-2023, 04:35 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I only tried converting the one picture, but when I Googled a free on-line B&WtoColour converter I think there were others listed. I just used the first one I found.

Years ago, there was a website called cartoonize.net where you could make a cartoon from a photo. Lots of cartoon types to choose from too. Doing a search for cartoonize.net does bring up a website called ColorCinch which says "formerly cartoonize.net". Under Tools it still lists a cartoonizer: https://www.cartoonize.net/fxcartoonizer/

Here's a before and after pic I did using the older website (probably still able to do it on the new one). There's a tutorial here: https://www.cartoonize.net/photo-to-...-oil-painting/

Oh.... I did this as I wanted to print out something that looked sort of like a painting, or more precisely a print of painting. Edit: Best click on the pictures to enlarge them; to get a better idea of what was done.

Name:	hETTqlb.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2272640

Name:	1WMraCa.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2272641

Last edited by Argess; 03-23-2023 at 04:37 AM.