Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

What are my hardware options?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

What are my hardware options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 05:56 PM
rbort
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are my hardware options?

Hey guys:

Anyone know where I can get rocket city hardware or equivelant in the parts I need? I know that Nelson now repackages rocket city hardware, but, when I called looking to special order certain parts he was not interested in taking the time to sell me what I need. (too much work and not enough profit for him)

Basically, I am looking for these items:

4 screws and cover ends (by covers I mean the black plastric part that threads onto the screws at the other end of the surface to secure it) in 6/40 size I believe (I size smaller than 8/32) so I can connected my existing carbon pushrods and hardware ends to the ailerons.

2 8/32 covers to go onto a threaded rod for the rudder (I already have the threaded rod as I bought a whole nelson package for the elevators).

2 link ends for the 8/32 rod coming out of the rudder, which are the ball ends that I can screw the carbon pushrods into.

Any ideas or do I have to buy 3 more packages to get what I need and throw away the rest of the hardware?

-=>Raja.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:38 AM
Giant Scale

Rocket city hardware is pretty inexpensive, I'd just buy the 3 bags of parts use what you need and keep the rest for spares. Another option is maybe find someone local, perhaps in your flying club that has spare rocket city parts and buy them from him. You really can't have too many spare parts you never know when something will break or get lost.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don's Hobby in Salina, Kansas has repackaged Rocket City hardware. For some reason they do not list it on their website, at least I could not find it. Just give them a call and ask for the Rocket City hradware.

Don and his people are very nice and will serve you even on small orders. I agree with the above post about just purchasing a complete package and keeping the parts you don't need.

http://www.donshobbyshop.com/

Vince
Old 09-19-2002, 11:23 AM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

Sullivan has Giant scale hardware now. Their rudder Super Horn is part #S568 and the regular is #S567. I just bought some of this the other day and it seems to be very good stuff. Check it out at www.sullivanproducts.com