Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XG11 telemetry with RPM Tach Gas engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
gadix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR XG11 telemetry with RPM Tach Gas engine

hello again

would the TELE will work with a RCExl TACH on my 60cc gas engine?

if it will get RPM's from a ESC for a elec motor than would be the same for a TACH/ ignition unit hal sensor???

please kindly advise

thank you

Gadi
Old 05-21-2013, 05:07 AM
Len Todd

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: JR XG11 telemetry with RPM Tach Gas engine

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">I have a DX8 , TM-1000 and DLE 111 gas engines with CDI units that have RPM outputs. I could not get the RPMs to reliably work off the CDI unit's Tach output. I ended up using an optical RPM Sensor.</span><span style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:">http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/rpm-sensor-SPM1452</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">

<span style="background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">I have an optical sensor in both of my gas planes. I have them mounted behind the spinners, above the prop shafts, off the air baffling. I cut the harnesss' connectors off the sensor and soldiered a telemetry extension to the optical unit's wire harness. They still work well even after dozens of hours on them. When you place the sensor, leave enough space between the target and the sensor to allow for prop shaft axial movement.</span></span></p>
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM
gadix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thx!

why not to use a "Y" with sensor and the TELE unit?

thx
gadi
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Len Todd

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

I initially tried the Y approach off the Hall Effect Circuit. It did not work with the DLE CDI. There was no spark. I also actually tried it with several different wire configurations. I typically got error messages on the DX8. Then, I tried the optical sensor and it basically was a direct plug in, with a change of connectors, and works flawlessly.