Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

PM Alert

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 PM
wfortney99
My Feedback: (310)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PM Alert

I suggest a Private Message Alert posted whenever I "check-in" to RCU regardless of the forum I log on to.

Since 99% of my activity on RCU is in the Buy Sell Market, I bookmark that forum for my "log on". When I am selling an item and there is some activity (question / offer) on that item, when I log on, magically an activity alert appears so I do not have to check "my ads" each time I log on.... love it!

To the point, I don't receive many PM's, but when I do, unfortunately there is no log-in PM Alert for PM's in all forums... hate it! Therefore I either have to check-in at My Forums first, or randomly check my PM's to see if I received any, or randomly check my email before going to RCU, or it appears to the sender I have ignored the PM for awhile until I remember to check the PM's.

Just a thought,
wfortney99

Old 02-21-2009, 02:31 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PM Alert

It's under "my profile" and "my preference"

Private Message Allow others to send you Private Message?
E-mail notification of new Private Message?
Pop-up notification of new Private Message?
Always save PM to sent folder
Always request PM read receipt

Mine comes up as red text at top of page and is quite easy to see. Or do you want pm notice only when logging into the market? If so, that's a good idea.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 AM
wfortney99

"....Or do you want pm notice only when logging into the market? If so, that's a good idea. "

That's what I'm talk'n about!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have our major forum upgrade coming out next week. once that is in place and burned in we can enable a notify in the non-forum area. I'll wait right now because we would have to recode it again after the upgraded forum is online since the code and db structure varies.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 AM
wfortney99

[b]"We have our major forum upgrade coming out next week. once that is in place and burned in we can enable a notify in the non-forum area. I'll wait right now because we would have to recode it again after the upgraded forum is online since the code and db structure varies."

Marc,

Yeah I knew all that what you said ... and I agree 100% [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]