Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

+ and - 11 degrees of pitch from Belt CP

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

+ and - 11 degrees of pitch from Belt CP

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default + and - 11 degrees of pitch from Belt CP

The last couple of days I replaced the mainshaft bearings, belt, and cleaned and oiled the rest of the bearings. I also put the aluminum motor mount on. I had to file it down since it was a little too wide. It also kind of helped keep the motor temp down. Anyways when I got done setting everything up I noticed I now got +/- 11 degrees of pitch. I was quite suprised. After I checked everything over I took it for a quick test run and it is amazing. It is very stable when I want it to and very agile when pushed. I just tapped the cyclic and it seems like it would flip very easily. Which is awsome, because it didn't want to do that before. I thought I would share my experience. By the way this isn't the stock Belt CP. I think I could get more pitch if I wanted to because the servos aren't moving their full range.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
gnd2

Default RE: + and - 11 degrees of pitch from Belt CP

ORIGINAL: evdreamer
I think I could get more pitch if I wanted to because the servos aren't moving their full range.
It's not just the servo range you have to worry about, you really have to watch out for binding in the swash plate. And there's a difference between collective pitch and cyclic pitch. When people just say "pitch" they're usually talking about collective pitch which has nothing to do with the cyclic response. But you have watch both because you can reach a point where the collective is smooth through the whole range as long as the swash is level, but as soon as you add cyclic it can bind near the limits of the collective.

I think I actually had this problem with my HBKII. I had the collective set up to go as far is it could without binding while it was level. Then I set the cyclic to go as far is it could without binding in the middle of the collective range. I never checked both max out together. Well, the first time I tried a roll I maxed out the collective and cyclic and the tail came whipping around on me. Not good.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
evdreamer

Default RE: + and - 11 degrees of pitch from Belt CP

I checked for binding through the whole collective and cyclic range. And no binding.