Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C- ARF dealer for rookie 1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C- ARF dealer for rookie 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
carcraze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C- ARF dealer for rookie 1

I have been trying to get a response from C-ARF on a couple of rookie 1 parts but can not seem to get a response.

Does anyone here know a good US C-ARF dealer that might have some older rookie parts, really only looking for canopy, wing tube and poosible a rudder?

Thanks
Mat
Old 09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
josecilurzo

Default RE: C- ARF dealer for rookie 1

try Andy Kane, ( Phone: 301 785 3022 )

i always get mails from him about deals, great guy.

hope helps

Jose
Old 09-08-2012, 02:43 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You do not have to go through the local rep for spare parts, CARF will sell direct to you from the spares section of the web site.

Mike
Old 09-08-2012, 04:36 PM
k12rc

ORIGINAL: josecilurzo

try Andy Kane, ( Phone: 301 785 3022 )

i always get mails from him about deals, great guy.

hope helps

Jose+1
Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

You do not have to go through the local rep for spare parts, CARF will sell direct to you from the spares section of the web site.

Mike
Mike

All orders still go through a rep...even the direct buy now sales and "dealer" sales

Dave
Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Also there is a section on the site for older parts, you can see region parts (Europe-USA) though some older parts might not be listed and Andy is your man...

Dave
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM
carcraze

I went through the parts on the site but did not see anything related to the original Rookie.

Thanks for the help, do you guys have an email for Andy I will give him a shout?

Mat
Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mat. Try [email protected]. Tell Andy that Roy in Martinsville said hello. Good luck with those parts
Andy is a great guy to deal with.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
carcraze

Thanks for the help, if I could learn how to get this thing slowed down I may not need parts someday.

Mat
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
hooker53

Mat. Are you using the speed brake on the bottom? Can't remember if the Rookie #1 had them or not.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:19 PM
carcraze

Yep it has one, even oversized, I have had it for a while now so it has not really sustained too much damage all things considered.

It can be a pain to get it into a nice attitude, seems to take forever to get slowed down and then I dont want it too slow, and the feild is pretty short as well.
Lately I am beginning to think I might be nose heavy as I carry some up elevator for straight flight.

I would like to get good at this thing as I have 2 of them before I move into another one which I think will be a flash.

Mat
Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 PM
hooker53

I have a Rookie 2 but don't have it set up right now. From what I can see as I do with all my jets is deploy that brake halfway down the downwind leg to slow it up. After my turn out of an upwind trek I don't put much throttle on. When I'm li Ed up with the runway, I try to be low enough that I don't have to dive it and build the speed back right before I want to flair.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM
carcraze

That is pretty much the approach I am taking, I have to be careful not to pull too much power off as if I have to spool up it takes a few seconds from idle.

I normally come in do a down gear pass and set speed brake all at about 1/3 power, fly that power downwind and turn into cross wind. Before I am turning into final I am normally having to put in some power and am holding about 3/4 elevator to remain level. That thing scrubs off a lot if the turns are deep at that speed and drag.

As soon as I have to loose altitude to come in to the field, which is not a lot, it builds speed fast. I am either going to have to come in lower or take a chance and pull off some power in the decent but I would hate to run out of elevator and power when you need it most LOL.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 PM
hooker53

That's for sure on the needing the power and don't have it. What turbine are you flying in yours?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 AM
carcraze

I am running the Super Eagle, which spools pretty well unless you are at a dead idle.

When I build the spare Rookie I picked up which only had 1 not so great flight in its life, I was thinking on trying the Kingtech 140 which seems like a nice value.
Thats what most of the parts are for, the new one I picked up and some spares for my current one.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
hooker53

Mat. I've flu d that it's very helpfully to get a jet on up right high and slw that bird down with the speed brake on and fly it around kinda dirty just to see where it will fall off if you gt use to seeing it like that on a delta type it takes the pucker factor out a bit for a landing.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:10 PM
carcraze

Yep that has been my mission lately, it does pretty well slow up high but the turns have to be easy or it seems to drop out of the sky once I get into the turn. Just need some more practice flying it dirty is all, or find a longer field.

The new one I picked up the guy that had it got it off the ground and flipped it upside down onto it's back, I picked it up as a spare but the damage is pretty light. Not sure how he got so out of shape on takeoff, that seems to be the easy part.

Andy has already mailed me back, and has some parts so looks like he is the guy to go to.

Thanks
Mat
Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
BaldEagel

Do you guys use the canard as an airbrake? if not why not? massive difference.

Mike
Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 AM
carcraze

I fly the old version which does not have the canards, I considered trying to fit a set but I would suspect they changed the model to accomidate them.
I would think they would help quite a bit getting it slowed down and some additional control getting it into a higher alpha.

If I get another jet it will be a flash I think so for now I will just fly these older Rookies until their demise.

Mat
Old 09-11-2012, 09:52 AM
gooseF22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain.. mine lasted about 20 flights until I porked the landing and watched the giddyup bucking rip it apart.. It did help me a bit to angle the exhaust up a few degrees to force the tail down with the landing gear..

I used the canards about 80 degrees.. but it made it pitch sensitive inthe flare.. no speed brake... If I was hogtied and forced to get another, I would use the speed brake.. but it will take a big hogtie... not my fav plane... I went to a King cat from it with no landing issues.. much more relaxing to land...
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM
carcraze

I have actually quite a few flights on my old one, the new I picked up was just a too good to pass up deal.

My original one has had the nose knocked off but my body work days paid off, if the field was longer it would not have been an issue but I suspect it is making me a better pilot, or better fibreglass repair guy.

My xmas list has a flash in it but I normally only get coal, I may have to dress up like santa this year.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:46 PM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 125 flights on mine and I use the canards to slow it down I consider it very easy to fly once sorted.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 PM
BaldEagel

The main problem is landing the Rookie too fast that is what causes the bucking or bouncing that some experience and pitch sensitivity.

Mike
Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
NICLAS

I´ve shortened the noseleg about 2cm and it newer bounced again.If you look at the angle of the rookie when it have org length..it´s in flying position not landing ;-)
sold mine to a new happy owner after 130+ flights.I always used full airbrake and use the throttle for the right speed
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 AM
carcraze

Yep I agree it is all in the speed which I am sorting out. The front gear on mine is shorter than stock and I have never had the runway bounce thing. Our field is pretty short so normally my probablem is running off and the field is not pretty if I do that.

Thanks for all the help.

Mat