Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Replace GP Fuel Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 01:41 AM
EdwardB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace GP Fuel Tank?

I'm completing a GP 1/3 scale Extra 330L with a gas twin. I purchased a 24 ounce GP fuel tank, but now I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Recently I've seen many posts about problems with these tanks, including major leaks or splitting. Needless to say, I'm not interesting in 24 ounces of gasoline and oil being dumped into the inside of this model! The tank I have is new in the past year or so, and says "V2" on the box. I'm wondering if this means "version 2" and perhaps contains whatever corrections were needed from the bad batches? Or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part... Anyway, anyone with specific experience with this tank, what this marking means, and your recommendations of what I should replace it with if needed? I really like the B&B tank (I have one in my P-51 with a ZDZ engine) but they only come in 16 (too small) and 32 ounce (too big). Thanks in advance for your feedback.