Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Airtronics MX-3 FM 75 mHz or Futaba 3pdf FM 75 mHz?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Airtronics MX-3 FM 75 mHz or Futaba 3pdf FM 75 mHz?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 PM
dirtyrice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics MX-3 FM 75 mHz or Futaba 3pdf FM 75 mHz?

I was wondering which was the better of the two. I have an MX-3 and it is more than enough for me with all the options and such, but I am in the market for a new controller and saw the Futaba and it seems comparable. Anyone have a preference between the two?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Default RE: Airtronics MX-3 FM 75 mHz or Futaba 3pdf FM 75 mHz?

Airtronics just announced a FULLY digital version of the MX3 on 2.4GHz that is going to be MUCH better then either of the analog 75MHz you list
Old 10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
dirtyrice

Well, that's good to know, but I can't afford to go that route. I was looking more towards a new 'pulled' system on ebay. There are a few choices out there. I'll just go with the MX-3 because that's what I have now and I could always use the second as a spare if need be and I am familiar with it.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:15 AM
rcxboy

Looked at the price? Only $170 for tx and rx, who cares about servos, they are always crap, what's included. 2.4ghz is the future.

Also considered the JR XS3 and Hitec CRX? (i say don't bother with the hitec SRX.)
Old 10-31-2006, 03:47 AM
dirtyrice

LOL...Looked at the price of the "pulled" units? I got an Airtronics MX-3, super micro receiver, TWO servos and X-tals for $40 plus shipping AND I then sold the servos on ebay for 15 each shipped. All I was asking was which radio was better between the futaba 3pdf and Airtronics MX-3, but thanks for your opinion and post.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Since you already have an MX-3, it would be more cost effective, since the Futaba's are negative shift and Airtronics are Positive shift. You wont be able to use a futaba tx to control an airtronics rx.

Most of the features are the same, except;

The airtronics has a 5 model memory and the futaba has only 3 model memory. Also has an ARC adjustment feature for steering and throtle which controls the servo movements wich is a plus for the MX-3. It also has an adjustable throttle position.

The 3rd channel on the futaba is programable up to 4 positions or proportional/linear use, while the mx-3's third channel is only 2 positions.

Go with the MX-3. Just got my MX-3 too from ebay for only 26.$ + shipping. Check out RCboyz they seem to sell pulled MX-3's all the time.