Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

84" apache with triple 260 zen

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

84" apache with triple 260 zen

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 PM
slivic003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84" apache with triple 260 zen

I am thinking about building an 84" apache with triple 26cc Zenoah engines . One engine will be counter rotating . I was wondering if anyone had ever done this and what the performace of the boat was . I have run twins in boats before but never triples . I am either going with twin quickdraw 35cc or triple zenoahs . I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this !!! Good and Bad !!!! Thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
bentley marshall

Default RE: 84" apache with triple 260 zen

you could use a single blata 40cc or polini 50cc
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
slivic003

I want to go with twins in her . I had looked at the polini 50cc . Two of those would do pretty good ! The only place I have found those engines are on MHZ-engines web site and they are pretty pricey . Know where else I could find those for cheaper ?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:52 PM
bentley marshall

try the motor bike section on ebay there are blata clones (china copys) they are prity cheap but not as much hp as a gen one
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Shop for genuine Blatas or Polinis you can find them cheeper then MH$ also - you will need to make a mount but it is not a tough task. Nothing wrong with the clones though.

Biggest challenge I see with triple zens would be tuning them all. You could also get one of their twin zen setups and add a second zenoah to each using an inline coupler to run 4 zens like the high $$ bonzi setup for much less.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 PM
slivic003

yea the inline zenoah ! I had one with an MHZ outdrive . I had a few problems with it when I first had the motor and it went in a 56" apache hull with the outdrive . It was a screamer !!! The boat could not handle the power of the motor ,it started stress cracking along the stringers so I took it out and sent the stuff to Dan and had him rigg it up in the 64" .( I won't even mention what I spent getting that boat built$$$$$$). I ran the boat a couple of times but I ended up selling it . It was orange and blue . The guy that bought it , got it and then the prop shaft on the outdrive broke . He sent it to me ,I sent it to MHZ USA , then Lou sent it to MHZ Germany to get fixed . ended up costing 120.00 .Still waiting on it to get to me to send back to the guy that bought the boat from me !Anyways back on track , I want to keep the engines simple . I can set each engine to snyc with each other pretty close so it won't affect performance . what would really be cool if someone could build a V8 based off the zenoah engine , make it very compact !!