Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

problem setting up my new rs4

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:24 PM
chris246810

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem setting up my new rs4

hello i got my new rs4 rtr 3 + evo kit a week ago read the directions. now i ran the car on a brink for the first tank of gas good job. now i let it cool down. tried to start it up so i can go to step 2 and run it in circles at half throttle and i can't even get the car to stay still. i tried adjusting my idle screw by unscrewing it still nothing and my throttle trim is middle on my remote. still can't get it to idle without moving. another thing is the car idles high and low then stalls. i didn't want to play with the adjustments till i got through the two tanks of gas on half throttle but that didn't happen so i tried adjusing it and still nothing. my cen ct5 was eaiser to tune. dont know what am i doing wrong.
any help would be good
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 AM
chris246810

Default RE: problem setting up my new rs4

anyone?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
dar123

sounds like you need to turn down the trim on your remote! and i tkink the stalling is froma rich lowspeed needle, i would leave it as it is until it is broken in!

good luck
Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
chris246810

i will try the trim next time i start the car. but last time i started it. it idles like i said also the problem is that when i try and give the car gas it would bogg down and stall. when i pull the trigger to give the car gas it just stalls out. whats that from.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Jprusso

dude i have the same car as you. getting it started for the very first time was insanely hard, TOOK FOREVER, i finally realised i needed a drill or a 2 battery roto starter. my rs4 starts so easliy now after the whole break in phase. but just yesterday i crashed it real lightly, and now when i drive it and give it full or near full throttle it chokes on the gas (gets to much gas) and it will shut off or if i let off the throttle it goes back to normal idle. chris it sounds like im having almost the same problem as you with the whole stalling issue, also when breaking it in or acouple starts after breaking phase my car does idle REALLY high and sometimes when driving it does get stuck at a really high idle and becomes hard to control. chris if you come up with a solution or anything on these problems just send me a message or an email bc im probaby never going to find this forum. [email protected] thank man.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Doonagoowin

Hey guys I'm new to nitro cars and I just bought an RS4 today.
Could you guys tell me what the idle setting does?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
chris246810

ok i will email you if i find something out and see if i can fix the problem. doonagoowin check the manual for the setting and what it means. i am new to nitro r/c also and i dont want to give you the wrong information.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Doonagoowin

Have you guys tried emptying the gas from the motor?
By taking off the glow plug and using the roto start so remove extra gas. After that, just prime about one or two more times.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
chris246810

here goes. nice day out tried starting the car and still nothing. it starts and bogges down and dies. wont even stay on long enough to take the glow plug off. i was told my hpi that i need to lean the lsn alittle did that and still nothing. also for the amount of time i was out there like maybe a half an hour the cooling head of the engine was hot like its been runing for a long time and i barely got it started. i am going to have to take this car to my LHS and have them get it started and tuned for me. i have a nitro tc3 to get started and tune and a traxxas nitro 4 tec to get started and tuned. eveyone says cen cars the ct5 was hard to tune but that was easy for me so far this hpi car is a problem. i check the idel scew but didn't play with it. any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Blacksheep-J

Your problem may be something specific to your car. Having your LHS look at it is probably a good idea. I'm new to RC cars too. My RS4 is the 2nd nitro car Ive had and it was way easier to tune than the first(which was a nitro buggy by Exceed RC).
I hardly had to touch the HSN at all after break-in and it starts very easily and runs great. I never touched the LSN. Seems really strange that the head is getting that hot when the car has not been running. I'm certainly not an expert but it doesnt sound like only a tuning issue you are having.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:46 PM
chris246810

yeah i am probley going tomorrow. also i seen a lot of oil dripping from my exhust tip. what would that be from?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
NitroTherapist

It's normal for some oil to drip but if its excessive i would lean out the needle a bit.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:25 PM
chris246810

which needle would you lean out? i am picking up a starter box tomorrow and some hpi glow plugs and try and get everthing back to factory settings and try and get this car started and ideling properly and then i can finish breaking her in.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 PM
chris246810

this f""king car. i bought a starter box charged it up all night and still nothing is happening its not starting. what a piece of ****. i even took out the engine which was another problem i stripped one screw under the motor and another screw on the innner back plate. i hope it can still work with the two screws not in. also i need a new glow plug plate cause somehow that thing got stripped and the glow plug was going in crooked. maybe that is the problem on why the engine was getting hot but not starting. i am going to the LHS tomorrow and get a new plate and put it back in. i put locktight on all the screws alittle bit more then usall cause there is a screw missing hope it holds. my 2 cens and my traxxas start up and were easy to run and tune alittle problem with my gst but nothing like this ****.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Doonagoowin

Just see if your LHS will tune it for you.
Here, they do every Tuesday and Friday from 4-7 for like 20 bucks an hour or something.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:05 PM
chris246810

i will try them but will it run ok with those two screws mssing? i did put locktight on the other screws.