Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ 160 carb fuel inlet fitting

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:30 AM
giantscalejim
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 160 carb fuel inlet fitting

I need a source for the fuel inlet fitting for the Tillitson carb. Any help would be appreciated. RC Showcase only sells it as part of the carb for $95...Ouch!!!!

Jim
Old 12-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: ZDZ 160 carb fuel inlet fitting

I just called VE Peterson, the source of all things carburetor, and dealer for Walbro, Tillotson, and Zama carburetors....Tillotson does not sell the fitting separately, unlike Walbro..Any small engine shop should have the Walbro fitting, fits in the same hole, sells for about $3.00..The fittings are a press fit, and if the fitting is a little loose put some JB Weld around it....
A phone call from RC Showcase to V E Peterson would have resulted in a much more satisfied customer...Maybe someone should give them the phone number...1 800 537 6212...
There is nothing magic about a Tillotson, a Walbro works exactly the same and is way cheaper...
Old 12-16-2003, 12:45 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tillotson did some "recalibrating" on their carbs - nothing magic--but as you know - carbs are a deep dark mystery to many modelers.
Also - Walbros are not made in a quaint Irish town--
Old 12-19-2003, 08:16 PM
cygnet
My Feedback: (33)

Dick you got something against the Irish!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Either lack of knowledge or greed, a Walbro fitting fits in a Tillotson, costs about $3.00, you can get one from B&B Specialties...Maybe RC Showcase has been looking at Horizon's prices, they get about $95 for a $55 (retail) carburetor for a GT80 twin
FWIW...A Tillotson sells for way more than a Walbro that will do exactly the same thing..The workers in that quaint little town (Tralee) probably make more of a living wage than the workers in Japan or Singapore, where Walbros come from.....Somewhere along the line Tillotson carbs were also made in the USA, I have some here in the old carb cemetary with "Made in USA" stamped on the cover....Borg-Warner was in the mix somewhere also...