Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

reverse

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:41 PM
C Jar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse

when you buy the reverse module (not savage x), do you need to buy a servo to operate it? and if so which one? oh, and does anybody have reverse? is it useful?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Dave33
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: reverse

Yes you need a seperate servo and a three channel radio. Just get a cheap servo, you don't need anything fast or powerful. As far as useful, would you rather walk a hundred feet the get your truck out of a jam or just stand there and flip a switch?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Jeht Black1

.......good point
Old 06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Dave33

Yes you need a seperate servo and a three channel radio. Just get a cheap servo, you don't need anything fast or powerful. As far as useful, would you rather walk a hundred feet the get your truck out of a jam or just stand there and flip a switch?
Yes, but also, would you want the additional gears in the reverse module slowing your truck down? After all, when the engine gets going in forward, it also has to spin the reverse gears as well as the forward gears, along with the additional weight of the shifting servo.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:01 PM
C Jar

ORIGINAL: IBrakeForNobody
Yes, but also, would you want the additional gears in the reverse module slowing your truck down? After all, when the engine gets going in forward, it also has to spin the reverse gears as well as the forward gears, along with the additional weight of the shifting servo.

would that even make a noticable difference in performance?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Dave33
My Feedback: (2)

[/quote]

What? The only time the gears in the reverse module spin is when it's in reverse. The reverse module does not take away any power from the engine.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
benzzyo5

yeah daves right i have in stalled the reverse no speed difference nothing the reverse is great. i can go in reverse through both gears it's fun
Old 06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Just goes to show, never assume anything. Most of the other monster trucks I've seen spin the reverse gears as well as the forward gears when the truck is going forward.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:31 PM
boydie1

The reverse module has a gear that engages when in reverse, or is disengaged when driving fwd. When disengaged the gear spins freely of the other gears creating very little drag. It's only when this gear is engaged that it's operating the idler gear and the main gears. Have a look at the exploded view of the reverse module on the HPI USA site if still unsure