Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

.25 Questions for Dar

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
2-Stroke Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .25 Questions for Dar

Dar,

I recently bought a second hand MVVS .25 from a member here on RCU and I have a few questions.

Upon recieving the engine I removed the head and backplate for inspection. I wanted to further disassemble the motor but could not get the liner to lift out of the case and did not want to cause damage so I reassembled it. I did find some residual goo from castor around the outer front bearing and cleaned it up.

I then put the engine on the stand and ran it and noticed an extreme amount of castor, fuel blowing out the front bearing. What is a good source of replacement bearings in the US?

Thanks!!
Mike Gillette
Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
2-Stroke Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .25 Questions for Dar

I've answered a few of my own questions.

I was able to remove the sleeve and disassemble the motor.

Question regarding bearings. Am I correct to order 7x19x6 front and 12x24x6 rear??

If so Boca has a listing for a set with a rubber sealed front for $40.00. Another site has standard bearings at a fraction of the cost with S.S. shielded front bearing. Will a Shielded bearing properly seal the engine??
Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 PM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: .25 Questions for Dar

Hi Mike,

Don't bother paying these sums from anyone... You are just being sizzled alive...

Go to Paul McIntosh at [link=http://rc-bearings.com]RC-Bearings[/link]. You can ask for sealed versions (some bearings) for the same sum!

...Or get an original set from us MVVS dealers, for a similar sum.

As to using sealed bearings; they don't seal the engine and any dripping will not affect the engine's running characteristics.