Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Composit-arf.com "fall out"

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Composit-arf.com "fall out"

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 04:55 AM
Ewok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composit-arf.com "fall out"

Well what can I say. I got it and I am blown away with the difference between my FC and my Composit-arf. Someone in composit-arf is trying very hard to make good to their customers. The box was at my door, in mint condition. When I opened the box, I was a bit anxious because all the bad mouthing that there has been around them. But I have not been able to find something wrong with it so far. the seams all good, no bubbles on the surface, the paint job just fine, I have not been able to inspect the fuse yet, but if everything is like the rest of the parts I will not be disappointed. Check this out, the cowl has a 1mm seam (compared to the 5mm I got from PPlus) taped with a matching color tape. the kit came with its bags, and with some additional tape that matches the red, blue, gray and white of the scheme. I still have not figured out what these are for. it has all the milled slots for the control horns, that appear to be in the right position. I can not believe the difference! and I still have over $1K "left" if I compare w/the price I paid for the FC. again I do not care how much it costs I care about the quality. This kit is first class, like you would expect for other vendors, this kit does not look like all the rejected parts from other kits like my Fc. I am so please I might get a 40%, next week when I get paid, but then I will need to get a bigger hangar.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:07 AM
3wExtra

Default Ewok!

I got one as well, very happy w/it. I am with you, I wander what all the people that down talked Andreas have to say now that the first 300 kits have been delivered... oh well...
let enjoy our planes and the money we saved...
Old 04-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Mike Brown99

My 40%er will be on my door step when I get home tonight. I can't wait!!
I received an email from Composite Arf yesterday letting me know that the hinge pins for the stab are not in the box with the plane but are in the mail and should be to me in a few days.
It seems that service will NOT be a problem with them as others have said.
Informing the customer of a problem and that it has been taken care of before the customer knows about it is what I call customer service.

YEE HA!!!!

Mike
Old 04-03-2003, 01:16 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what else to say, Prices and kits look awsome. Perhaps I see a 40% in my future.
I just feel bad for Don and all the other FC dealers out there. I think they got the "shaft" on this deal.
RickP
Old 04-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Ewok

Default RickP

they didit to themselves.... andreas ask them to drop the prices, when he move his operation from Germany. they refused, they got grity, so he had no option. Andreas was not selling planes not because his quality or prices to the "dealers" but because the dealers were taking a way bigger than reasonable profit. Do not feeel sorry, Enjoy the Planes!
Old 04-03-2003, 02:14 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the website for these planes?
Old 04-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Mike Brown99

www.composite-arf.com
Old 04-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Eruption

Well, I received my Shulman 2.6 Extra yesterday, too.

Everything was top notch. The seam was taped(Extra tape was also provided), bags for all tail feathers and wings were provided.

Trial fit everything and there were no gaps.

Checked out the precut slots for the control horns, including both side of the rudder.......perfect.

Paint job excellent.... a few minor flaws if you looked extremely close, but way better than my monocoating skills.

This is one of those few times in the hobby that I feel like I got MORE than my monies worth!

Here's something weird....My box was numbered #100 out of 143 and my floating spar had the Composite ARF logo. My friend here in town received his, too. It was box 101 out of 143 and his floating spar had the Fiberclassics logo.

Great job Composite ARF!

Kevin
Old 04-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Ewok

Default mine is 99 oy 143

where do you leave? I am in Washington State.
awesome plane, awesome price, this is the revolution we all have been waiting for I am so exited I will get a 40% preatty soon
Old 04-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Eruption

We're both in Atlanta (#100 & 101)

Did yours have the Fiberclassics or Composite ARF logo on the spar?

Kevin
Old 04-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Ewok

Default Coposit arf

what a service right? no hussle, on time as pomissed, as spotless as one can expect, dang it where were they for all this time! my problem is that now that for the same amount of money you get al lot more planes, where to put them
Old 04-03-2003, 04:35 PM
UNLDAVE

Default The first one

Hi All ,

I recieved the first plane of this current batch. I went to S.F. and picked mine up at the warehouse on3-28-03 . After flyng my new FC3m Extra I really wanted a smaller easier to transport plane.
The quality of this plane so far is outstanding . I"m really thrilled beacause my plane has only about 5 miles truck freight on it from the port to customs to the warehouse to my pickup truck. I got the white/red 2.6 Extra. The slot for the rudder horn is a little off but was an easy fix. Also beware of the fact that an older 3W100 and the new 3W-106 are too long to fit this plane . It is designed for a DA100 and they were'nt kidding. This plane assembles really fast and I would be flying mine tomorrow until I found out last nite that My 106 is too long! Oh Well!! Now I have time for some nice vinyl graphic striping and paint. Also my first mistake was not positioning the B&b fuel tank before gluing in the Rudder tray . Now I have to make an above the wingspar mount.
Check out 3dfalcon's posts aas well as Quist's for some really good ifo on assembling this plane.........
The bottom line is Composite-Arf is for real and legit so far. I was the biggest skeptic and am now the first satisfied first customer in the U.S.
Hope this Helps, Enough typing ,time to go to the field
Dave
Old 04-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Ewok

Default these are the new

planes with the engine box modified to fit all engines. if you use a DA you need to add standoffs. it is in the manual...
Old 04-03-2003, 04:44 PM
UNLDAVE

Default numbering

The numbering on the boxes was done by the guys in the warehouse in S.F. Mine is #111 my buddy went up 2 days ago and has #114 . Another buddy is getting a 3m plane on the next containerload......
Dave
Old 04-03-2003, 04:51 PM
UNLDAVE

Default Mixed batch

Ewok ,

This must have been a mixed batch as my plane has "FC" on the wingpars not "C-Arf"

dave
Old 04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Ewok

Default I am sorry

Compsit-arf RULES! can not wait till monday (i get paid) and gewt the 40%....
Old 04-03-2003, 05:23 PM
gordyd4

I am glad to hear that people are starting to take delivery of these planes. Hope to see more people respond to this thread about the service and quality of the planes.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:13 PM
otterdriver

Default composite ARF

Hey Hekter That sucks about the 106 being to long I also got a 106QS for my composite ARF 330 . I was told that all the new ones(Taiwan)had the motor mount set back for the longer motors.I pick mine up tomorrow Ill get to measuring. Mark,
Old 04-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Ewok

Default My 3w106 from boby

fits just right. I also have a da an you need to put 5-4mms worth of washers-stanoffs to fit right
Old 04-04-2003, 01:33 AM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Default 3w 106

Hey guys:

I got one of 106's from the first batch Bobby had and this is one sweet engine. Top end power is unmatched but the best part is the throttle response. The low end throttle response is incredible with a 28x10 menz s after 5 gallons. Let me know how hard it is to get this engine in the composite extra, I would really like to get one if it is not too much work.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:28 AM
bzrogers
My Feedback: (7)

Are these planes both the 2.6m and the 3m planes set up for easy installation of the big tuned cannister mufflers? or do you have to go with the old and noisy can mufflers?
Old 04-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Ewok

Default As easy as it can get

they are ready to take a can! they are sweet
Old 04-04-2003, 04:05 AM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Ewok:

Would you show a pic of the inside where they have been setup to accept cans?
It would be very helpful.
Craig
Old 04-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Ewok

Default sorry no digital camera

but that is how I have it set up in my old one, and will in my new one
Old 04-04-2003, 01:17 PM
RickP

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ewok,
I think I'm going to be enjoying a 40% by this winter now
RickP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.