Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K210 Diesel settings in cold

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 08:55 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default K210 Diesel settings in cold

Ok I normally don't like to buy used but with Christmas here it was all I could afford.

I got a nice k210. I pulled up the manual manual and updated the diesels settings, I know it's cold out side so lowered starting rpm to 3k due to it being 35deg out side as per the manual

I'm using a 3 cell life

I'm never getting a pop, I have everything on a bench to make sure it's not a install error

What setting are you guys using for a k210?

Thanks mike
Old 12-21-2018, 09:28 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Ok I normally don't like to buy used but with Christmas here it was all I could afford.

I got a nice k210. I pulled up the manual manual and updated the diesels settings, I know it's cold out side so lowered starting rpm to 3k due to it being 35deg out side as per the manual

I'm using a 3 cell life

I'm never getting a pop, I have everything on a bench to make sure it's not a install error

What setting are you guys using for a k210?

Thanks mike
You probably should have left setting where they where and not touched them unless you had starting issues. They come setup for diesel ready to go and should not be messed with for the most part. That said your not getting ignition so you should move the ignition fuel up by 2 numbers and give it a try again.

What setting is the ignition fuel at now?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:30 AM
mikes68charger

I changed the settings to the manual as it didn't even pop or try to start at his sittings.

I'm currently at 100% match to the manual for the K210

I have been bumping up the Ignition PW. And I'm currently at 35 vs manual of 18. Do I keep going?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:55 AM
mikes68charger

I also moved inside my heated garage for warmer starting
Old 12-21-2018, 11:05 AM
gunradd

I also moved inside my heated garage for warmer starting
NO 35 IS WAY TO HIGH! it should never be that high. You will flood the engine and cause a fire. Are you sure your pump is pumping fuel?

Call me Barry and Dirk. I could see moving it up to lets say 20 or even 22 but not 35. That would push so much fuel in it flood the ignitor out.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:38 AM
mikes68charger

So I just double checked everything fuel pump running great, then checked fuel valve and it clicks for a second and says over load. It doesn't say any faults restart, and as many times as I have tried to start this motor no fuel smell inside tail cone
Old 12-21-2018, 12:02 PM
mikes68charger

Figured it out. The plastic sleeve slipped and dot was on wrong side for vales. All running great. Thanks
Old 12-21-2018, 12:15 PM
gunradd

Figured it out. The plastic sleeve slipped and dot was on wrong side for vales. All running great. Thanks
Yep that happens allot... That is why the new G2 engines have different plugs. Good find and glad you got her running.