Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Piccolo V2 won't take off

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Piccolo V2 won't take off

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 01:52 PM
cottbott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo V2 won't take off

Hello from a newbie..

I just put together my new Piccolo V2 ARTF.
The unit went together well, all servos, motor, gyro appear to work well.
When I apply power, the rotors spin up, make a great deal of air moving type noise........NOTHING.
It appears to be a great fan.

The flybars and tie rods are set up per instructions, I am using the number 2 spacer for the blades.
I am running fully charged 3 cell LiPo. Power does NOT seem to be an issue.
When I pitch the cylic, I certainly can get it to pitch over in all axis, but it does not apper to coming CLOSE to being light.

HELP!!
Old 12-11-2004, 02:36 PM
gargoyle7

Default RE: Piccolo V2 won't take off

Hang in there cottbott V2 owner here

I'd try a higher 10T or 11T pinion (you using the stock 310 motor?), which may be hard if your bird came with the brass 9T pinion which can be hard to remove. Maybe heat the pinion & shaft up & try pulling it off.

Also make sure the pinion isnt slipping on the motor shaft, if its a plastic pinion try adding a small dab of CA before applying the pinion to the motor shaft.

You can also try changing the blade pitch, maybe use discs with more pitch (the #3), or try any number of pitch mods floating around out there, the grub screw mod works best (can be seen at http://www.carbonblades.com)

Also make sure the pitch discs are in the right way.

Good Luck!

Lee
Old 12-11-2004, 03:34 PM
cottbott

Thanks for the advice.

You have some good points, but I think I solved my problem, tho' I won't be able to test it for a few days as I stripped my drive gear during a static test when I let the motor spin up while the blades were locked in place - dumb.
What's even more dumb is that I finally noticed I had the fly bar paddles REVERSED. They were set opposite to the rotor blades.

I can't be 100% sure untill I get the main drive gear replaced but I value any oppinions form you out there if you think I solved my problem.

Steve
Old 12-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Also check your space between the Pinon and the main drive gear make sure that there is no slop,I didn't check mine when I took it out of the box and it worked fine a few times until one day I spooled it up a little fast and the pinon chewed up the main gear badly.Also if you want really good advise on the pic go to this message board because it is strictly for ikarus and every one there is a pic owner unlike here.http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubbth...hp?Cat=0.there are many people that will help you there and they are not so brand competitive like they are here.It seems like piccolo is a dirty word here.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:38 PM
quaker1

Yes paddles set like that may have an effect[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-18-2004, 10:30 PM
cottbott

Hello fellow copterheads,

Just an update, I am flying and crashing with the rest of you now. I beleive the take off issue was due to poor balance, and having the fly bar paddles on backwards, I have plenty of lift now.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Steve