Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Radial Engine Hobbs Meter

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Radial Engine Hobbs Meter

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
goodinmw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radial Engine Hobbs Meter

Recently purchased (and love) an RCS 150 radial engine. (Powering my Corsair)
As is for the full scale- maintenance is critical. Maintenance is usually a function of run time.
Not being great at record keeping, I went looking for a Hobbs meter.
Had to be small, reliable and powered by ~5vDC- Found one at www.tecknowledgey.com
Curtis model 700- it weighs 0.7oz draws 0.5mAH current- so it easily runs off the engine ignition power circuit and at about 1in x 1in x 2in it easily fits under the cowl!
Cost about $35 plus shipping- which when compared to the investment in a radial engine is nothing!
Hopefully with proper maintenance I'll be loving the sound of my radial for many hours to come!
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Radial Engine Hobbs Meter

love the radials! makes a warbird sound real. thx for the tip. an rcs radial is on my purchase list for someday.