Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Bushing in front of clutch bell on 21 bb

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Savage_Dias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushing in front of clutch bell on 21 bb

Is the center of it supposed to be more oval than round? I noticed that mine moved when I turned the engine upside down so I tried to tighten the screw in front of it & it was already bottomed out. Even with the screw as tight as it can be, the bushing could still move. Also, what's the best way to set the gap between the clutch bell & spur gear? I've read to use a piece of paper & I've read to use a piece of plastic from a parts bag. I've recently stripped 2 spur gears & I'm wondering if this bearing might have something to do with it.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:57 PM
mike1288
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Bushing in front of clutch bell on 21 bb

I Believe it is fine for it to have alittle bit of play buy not much. Want it loose neough that it spins freely but not too loose where the clutchbell wants to move forward and back.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Savage_Dias

Thanks for the info mike1288. I tried using a piece of paper to set the gap & it was WAY tight. I never thought I could hear gears squeal over an engine but I heard mine within 10 feet of moving my truck. I brought it back in & loosened it a bit & it seems ok now but I only made a few passes with it since the bushing is still trash. The bushing catches & spins out far enough to actually hit my spur gear so my Savage is out of comission until I can get a new bushing. Guess I need to chalk up another worn part on my Savage. Oh well, better than chalking up another broken part for a TMaxx. lol
Old 01-27-2004, 02:35 PM
mike1288
My Feedback: (1)

Previous owner of mine switched it to a bearing. So far i've had no problems with it.