Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

LE or X RTR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:23 AM
cnguyen831

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LE or X RTR?

Which one should I get for bashing? I don't want to upgrade anything, and want durability.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:02 AM
Nathan9492

Default RE: LE or X RTR?

LE, simply for the 3 speed
Old 10-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Surfrider

Myself and others have had problems with the X RTR. Most of which are resolved through various hop-ups (ie: spur gear, diff shimming, TVPs, etc). My friend runs the LE and it has been fairly bulletproof right out of the box. I would go with the LE of those choices, but you should consider the X SS kit if the extra $ isnt an issue.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Chronic

The LE. It comes with the three speed, dual disc brakes, the polished tuned pipe, and Dirtbonz tires.

I know you said you didn't want to mod anything... but come on, it's an RTR Savage... The first thing I would do(other than a 5 cell hump pack) is install some aluminum clutch shoes and some .5" internal shock limiters. The shocks already have the black basher springs on them. Just fill with 30w fluid and you're set. That's all it really takes and you'll have a fairly fast Savage(for stock anyway) that handles pretty good and can ride some nice wheelies.

The foam that comes in the Dirtbonz is too soft, but unfortunately they are already glued down on the LE. If I was starting out with a fresh LE again I would strip those tires off of the rims and replace the foam with something firmer, and then mount them on some .5" offset wheels. You would see a dramatic improvement in the handling.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:00 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LE by a LONG shot.