Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

UPDATE, MY trucks back from HPI!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Ironlegend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE, MY trucks back from HPI!!!!

i got my truck back from HPI, they fixed the problem, and also told me what went wrong,! the set screw completly unscrew and was stuck in side the tranny eating up all the other gears, anyway, hpi gave me a NEW ENGINE AND A NEW TRANNY!!! FOR free
its under warranty, i didnt know this , HPI WILL GIVE YOU A NEW tranny and eninge for free for up too TWO YEARS from the time you buy your truck, anyway i also got about 20 different sticker sheets and i also gave them my resume for a JOB lol, i live close enough.

anyway THATS THAT Trucks back to brand new again !!

Jayson
Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: UPDATE, MY trucks back from HPI!!!!

Good to hear your problem was resolved, and quickly too. Just goes to show what a quality company HPI is. I don't see a engine being covered for 2 years though. If it is then that's awesome.[sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-07-2006, 12:23 AM
bighitbiker3

Sweet deal. GL on the job there! That would be such a good job. Have fun with the truck that is back up and running.

-Elliott
Old 03-07-2006, 02:05 AM
Ironlegend

JayC read HPI engine warranty also talk to Hpi customer suport, Wear and tear from missuseage isnt covered but a enigne that loses pressiur etc, is covered etc.

jayson
Old 03-07-2006, 05:20 AM
jonmills

free new engine and tranny, awesome. have fun n yeh, good luck gettin that job. what would u b doin there if u got it?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Ironlegend

jonmills humm i applyed for customer support/help desk, basicly take savage problem calls and or fix them personaly, if people bring them down or ship them.

jayson
Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: Ironlegend

i got my truck back from HPI, they fixed the problem, and also told me what went wrong,! the set screw completly unscrew and was stuck in side the tranny eating up all the other gears, anyway, hpi gave me a NEW ENGINE AND A NEW TRANNY!!! FOR free
its under warranty, i didnt know this , HPI WILL GIVE YOU A NEW tranny and eninge for free for up too TWO YEARS from the time you buy your truck, anyway i also got about 20 different sticker sheets and i also gave them my resume for a JOB lol, i live close enough.

anyway THATS THAT Trucks back to brad new again !!

Jayson
Awesome dude! All the RC manufactures are VERY willing to work with us as far as warranty replacement. The do however want tp know exactly what the problems is. I have dealt with four different manufactures, and all honered my warranty problem, no question asked. Most of the time you have to send them the faulty parts, but you are almost guarantied to get a new replacement (as long as you don't act like an ignorant shi%head on the telephone). I have dealt with HPI, Hot Bodies, Werks Racing, and Hobby People (SH engines), ALL had awesome warranty tech support!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
speedygonzales

hpi is wicked!

one day i noticed a little oil around my engine and all over[&:] so i called hpi and they told me to send it in and within a quple of weeks the send me a new engine! with a pullstart! and sticker sheets! awsome support!
Old 03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Yamaha9

How do u get the warranty? are there any papers u have to fill out and send back to hpi?? Would my savage LE have one?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Ironlegend

Most the time just have a copy of your sales recit from when your bought your truck thats it!

but if you live in cali, around irvine, just do what i did and drive down there it was about 15 mins on way
the guys are really low key and very helpfull!!

jayson
Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Ironlegend

bump;