Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Match Box Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 06:59 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Match Box Question

This is for my brother.... he has and airplane with 2 servos(8611's) and a match box per wing .. one wing going to AILeron input of receiver(JR 921), and the other wing going into Aux1 input...His transmitter is a 9303 with 3 flight modes with COMMON TRIM...So all 3 flight modes share the same trim setting....

Here is his problem..When he is in his 3D flight mode and it is trimmed and flying level, and switches to low rates, the ailerons need to be trimmed again...what could be causing this?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Match Box Question

I sent my Futaba 9C in for repairs this spring the same problem on the elevator. Just needed tuned up, did not exhibit the problem last fall. I used Radio South.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Most common reason for this is a setup problem between the Flight Modes on the radio or issues with the mechanical setup on the model.

Suggest you first verify the mechanical setup and then try a new model slot. Setup only the ailerons in the new slot for simplicity and see if it does it again on that model slot as well. If it does then maybe a call to Horizon might be in order.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:41 PM
The Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is in the dual rate, Set the trim to on Dual rate to (D/R:SW) so the trim can be set in each position. Slight difference in the electronics in the transmitter or the settings will give this problem.

Cheers
Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 PM
MetallicaJunkie

thanks for the replies
Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
MetallicaJunkie

turns out it was a faulty matchbox....