Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

RS 10/ Rockslide crystals

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM
wyorockcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS 10/ Rockslide crystals

I have a redcat rockslide and two of my friends have the rs 10 and all of them have the same 27mhz crystals in them. it is an FM . can i just buya different mhz or no. i just dont know what i have to be concerned about when i go to order over the internet to make sure i get some that work and dont interfere with my friends crawlers. not much fun to sit and wait a turn!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:54 AM
engineerjoe

Default RE: RS 10/ Rockslide crystals

You have to buy a different sub-frequency but still a 27Mhz crystal. If you can go to a local RC shop they will be able to help you out.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
wyorockcrazy

thank you engineerjoe, the only problem is my local hobby shop is 250 miles away. but you really helped me out anyway. thanks again
Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 PM
jsowens

Might be easier for you to just order a set of 27mhz crystals in a different frequency than it would be to travel 250 miles for them. Plenty of websites sell them.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 PM
wyorockcrazy

does it matter if they are 2ch or 3ch, i am pretty sure my remote says 3ch.  i just noticed that some crysttals had different channels?( as in 2 or 3 ch) thanks agian, just want to make sure i order the write ones.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 PM
jsowens

I'm pretty sure the different channels on a crystal refers to whatever frequency it's on...so if you and someone else you crawl with both have channel 5 crystals, you'll get a lot of interference. As long as you buy 27mhz FM crystals you should be fine. Just be sure to get a different frequency than your crawling buddies have.